help! i need advice

cathy212
on 3/27/13 2:41 am

I am going to have the sleeve procedure done - hopefully by this summer.  I have narrowed the choice of surgeons  to Weiss/Oldham at Bluegrass Bariatrics or Dr. Steiner at St. Joseph. Please - does anyone have any good or bad experience with these doctors?  Any advice would be appreciated!  Thanks!!!

Bucketta
on 3/29/13 1:53 am

Personally I'd go with Dr. Steiner.  I use to see Dr. Weiss and he did my lapband, but I had some problems and was uncomfortable with the fact that he didn't follow his patients that either a PA  or NP did.  My por****ured and had to replaced, also.  I never lost the weight.  I later revised to RNY with Dr. Sonnanstine, who I loved but he left and moved to  Ohio.  I did great with him and this surgery until I had some problems, non weight loss related and had to take medication that caused weight gain.  I am still happy with my surgery and wish Sonnanstine was still around.  I first thought I'd travel  to Ohio to see him but have found it is just too far, so at present I am without a Bariatric surgeon.  I'd love to see one, but not many doctors will take other doctors patients and those that will are not COE and my insurance will not pay if they aren't.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Bucketta
on 3/29/13 1:55 am

I Posted too quickly, if you are comfortable with being followed by a PA or NP then go with Weiss and Oldham they are awesome surgeons.  I was just not comfortable with it.  I have several friends that have had surgery by Dr. Steiner and they all seem to love him and all seem to have done well, I am sure he has some that haven't though, all doctors do.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

cathy212
on 3/30/13 9:33 pm

Thank you for your help.  It is really hard to know what to do just by what you read.  It's good to have personal advice about this.  I appreciate it. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 128 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1341 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5150 views