Open Ds in Ky..Medicare coverage

LOIS C.
on 6/16/03 6:59 am - FLATWOODS, KY
Anyone if any doctors in Kentucky bill Medicare for this procedure? I am wanting to have this done but can't find anyone to bill it...tried Georgetown but can't get in till Jan/Feb and said I have to have two out of three things wrong...hypertension, diabetes, or heart disease...I have hypertension and am sure without surgery I am on my way to the other two, don't they know that the other two could be prevented? Mu husband will get anthem in August which will put my Medicare as secondary...I also heard that Anthem is no longer paying for any type of weight loss surgery..is that correct? anyone know?..thanks
LOIS C.
on 6/16/03 7:08 am - FLATWOODS, KY
i meant lap ds not open!
Tabatha W.
on 6/16/03 9:16 am - London, KY
Hi Lois, My doctors accept medicare and they do all the billing. Thier names are Dr. Shina and Dr. Geller. They have their own website at www.louisvillebariatric.com and Dr. Geller is taking patients right now. I have medicare and medicaid and as long as medicare is your primary insurance you shouldn't have any problem. Good Luck!
Edna J.
on 6/17/03 8:14 am
Lois, I live in Ashland and I had my open RNY last May with Dr. Goldman at Cabell Huntngton and medicare paid for mine. I had a QMB card for the other 20% but I was never billed for anything. I know this is different than your type surgery but maybe this will help. Take care. Susy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 139 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1348 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5164 views