Getting ??

Laurie C.
on 6/17/03 11:01 am - Louisville, KY
I don't know if I'm nervous, scared, anxious or all of the above. 8 days to go. They moved the time of my surgery another hour ahead. I was hoping it would get moved earlier. I'm wanting to smoke. I took a wellbutrin today. I'm pretty sure Dr. Geller said this rx was ok. I think I had an anxiety attack today. I just left work and drove around town wondering if I was doing the right thing and if it's worth the risks. I'm 5' 71/2" and at last weigh in was 324. I'm afraid I won't be able to do this. Has anyone else had these feelings? Has anyone ever "postponed" their surgery a week or so? I need to get out of this slump. Thanks for listening.
Edna J.
on 6/17/03 3:23 pm
Laurie, These feelings are perfectly normal. We've all had them before our big day and we overcame them, you can too. Just try to remember why you started this process and the benefits of the surgery and I think you will keep your date scheduled. I've never regretted mine and I love my new life. Take care. Susy.
Dawn M.
on 6/18/03 1:57 pm - Paducah, KY
Laurie, What you are feeling is so normal. Don't be so hard on your self. Keep your eyes on how much better you are going to feel. I had my surgery on December 16, 2002. I weighed 330 and and 5' 7. I have lost 109 lbs and feel so much better. No more back pain, aching joints, aching knees, etc. I had Dr. Shina as my dr - I think he is in with Dr. Geller - correct? I am going to attend the support group next Tuesday night. I will say a pray for you. Dawn Mallory
Judy R.
on 6/18/03 2:20 pm - Louisville, KY
Laurie, I was afraid to have the surgery, also. Not only was I afraid of the actual surgery, you know having a stroke, dying during the surgery, I was also afraid that I was making a big mistake. I had always eaten great big meals and I was so afraid that I would not be able to control my eating after the surgery. What if I couldn't stop eating even though I had had the surgery. A friend who had previously had the surgery told me that I would be able to stop eating. Glad to say that I went thur the surgery, and do not regret it for a moment. Sugery date 10/17/02, have lost 115 lbs. I am also 5/7 and weighed 317 on the morning of my surgery. So today when I put on those size 16 jeans, it felt great. Just keep the faith, and stay with your plan. You will not reqret it in a few months. You will be so glad that you did it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 139 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1348 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5164 views