Recent Posts

Bucketta
on 4/19/17 11:01 am
Topic: RE: Baptist Health Surg WLSC vs Georgetown Bariatrics

Lifebeauty, Well I came back about 8 months after you wrote this, hope you see it. Lots has happened in my life and I need to get back on track and get the weight off that I gained plus lots more. Going to try to be more active here and get encouragement. Good to hear from you.

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

sweetsJME
on 9/25/16 9:32 pm
VSG on 10/18/16
Topic: RE: Paducah, Ky

I'm near Paducah and use Brian Swain of Bariatric Solutions in Murray.  It's a bit of a drive for you, but better than nothing at all.  There's also support group that meets 1 Tuesday a month at 5:30pm and 1 Thursday a month at 11:30am.  Oct 6th at 11:30 am is the next daytime meeting.  The office is in Murray Calloway County Hospital

peajay09
on 8/1/16 4:45 pm - Charlestown, IN
VSG on 04/04/16
Topic: Looking for a surgeon for follow-up care and a support group

I just moved to Charlestown, IN, near Louisville, KY.  I am in need of finding a bariatric surgeon to do my follow-up care with.  I am also looking for a support group in the area to attend, I enjoy the friendships that have been made in my old group in Green Bay, WI.

devonnec
on 7/26/16 4:42 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: RE: revison and medicaid?
I had RNY in 09 and in desperate need of a revision. I'm in Paducah, and there are not many surgeons around here. I have heard that Medicaid will pay for a revision if you're still over BMI with the co-morbidities.
Time is of the essence....let's make the best of it!!

devonnec
on 7/26/16 4:38 pm - Paducah, KY
Topic: Paducah, Ky
Good evening! Are there any Paducahians out there? I'm looking for a bariatric physician that can help me get back on track. I had RNY in 2009 and have gained all but 64lbs of my weight back. There are a lot of issues that caused this weight gain, I will explain at a later date, but I need some HELP getting back on track. Please feel free to add me or message me if you like. Be blessed!
Time is of the essence....let's make the best of it!!

Lifebeauty
on 6/14/16 4:40 pm
Topic: RE: Baptist Health Surg WLSC vs Georgetown Bariatrics

Jackie, how are you?  I haven't been on site in years but saw your pic and thought if you come back again you will see this.  Need to get back on track as fills not working and I've gained weight.  Hope you are doing well.

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Lifebeauty
on 6/14/16 4:37 pm
Topic: RE: New and saying hello!

I wish you the best on your journey.  Though I was never a lightweight, to be successful you need to stay focused.  I caused my setback but it doesn't have to happen to you.  Wishing you well.  Also, don't be discouraged if you don't get many replies.  Kentucky Forum has been notoriously slow for years.

Take Care,

Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Tizzles
on 5/5/16 1:19 pm
Topic: New and saying hello!

Hi everyone. Just starting out on my WLS journey and wanted to introduce myself. I am a nursing student in Louisville, KY and I'm looking into the VSG. I have my first seminar tonight at Baptist East and I'm honestly pretty nervous. I'm what I guess most people in the WLS community would call a lightweight, but it sure doesn't feel that way.

My insurance is BCBS of Illinois and I just wanted to let everyone know that per my insurance rep. that I talked to today, BCBS of Illinois no longer requires a 6 month medically supervised weight loss before surgery. Just a letter of medical necessity and a Psych eval before and after surgery.

Anywho, looking forward to reading everyone's stories. Good luck to everyone on their journey!

LA5767
on 11/25/15 9:26 am
Topic: RE: 9 yrs and counting

Congratulations to you!

I am at the beginning of this new life, lifestyle improvement, Commitment to a better healthier me, so your words are very

encouraging and I can tell heartfelt.  Congrats again to you and your success.

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 6/24/15 10:43 am, edited 6/24/15 11:02 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: New Hotel Booking information for NC Conference in October!

Hello friends!

We have had such great response from people booking hotel rooms for our Raleigh Conference, that our initial room block at the Embassy Suites sold out!  We now have an overflow hotel nearby that is running a shuttle specific for our conference, from 5 am to midnight. This is in addition to their 24 hour airport shuttle. Info is below, and the last day to book is 9/15/15! Tell your friends!  

We have set up an additional room block at Hyatt Place, a half-mile from the Airport and 4.5 miles from the Conference venue. Hyatt Place offers a complimentary shuttle to the airport and Conference. http://events.obesityhelp.com/2015-hotel-accommodations/

See you there! 

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Most Active
Recent Topics
ARH Hazard and Dr Kabir Mehta
Erica A. · 0 replies · 139 views
Dr. Ravi Alapati
cpinckard63 · 0 replies · 1348 views
Paducah, Ky
devonnec · 0 replies · 5164 views