What exercise program are YOU using?

anumrzvee
on 4/17/11 12:28 am - PA
Good morning all!

Just wanted to touch base with everyone to update on my progress thus far. I seem to be "plateauing" right now...but it's ok...at least I'm not gaining, right? I'm still eating well, little or no snacking, drinking lots of water and moving around.

Anyway, I have to "up" my workout routine. I started the morning off with a round of "Hip Hop Abs" with Shaun T (available thru beachbody.com). I was able to do the entire Fat Burning Cardio routine...a total of 29+ minutes! I was so excited that I made it through it and I still have plenty of energy! I'm gonna take my children on a walk in a little while, let them burn off THEIR energy, lol!

But I am curious...what exercises do YOU do to kick your band into high gea
r? Looking forward to hearing from any and everyone...

Anumrzvee!

Suzanne K.
on 4/17/11 1:58 am - NJ
 I have logged 5 miles of walking between yesterday and today.

I know i need to keep up this pace and when the nice weather is here, I will do that...

plus  being a teacher, i'm off for the summer, so i'll add swimming to my program....

thanks!
crystal M.
on 4/17/11 1:58 am - Joliet, IL
I just made my own routine (after reading many, many books).  I go to the gym 6 days a weeks for 90 minutes a day.  60 minutes of that is on the treadmill and 30 minutes is strength training.  I started off at just a brisk walk on the treadmill but I plateaued and I then started interval training.  That's where you walk for a few minutes and then run for a few minutes.  As you get better the walk time is decreased and the run time is increased.  This easily pushed me through my plateau and has inspired me to train for my first 5K run.  After my run I do my strength training.  I do upper body one day, and lower body the next day.  Then after wards I stretch for about 10-15 minutes.  It feels really good and it helps prevent injuries. 

I also take two short 15-20 minute brisk walks at work everyday.  The main reason is I have a desk job and sitting all day can slow down your metabolism to a crawl.  So at 10am I walk and at 3pm I walk.  I am able to do this because the building I work at is huge and walk from one end to the other 4 times is a mile (we measured it) so I have files and data I have to bring to different bosses and I save them for those times to pass them out.

I would say you need to find a way to increase your intensity of your workout (like I did when I hit a plateau).  I would also suggest you should start strength training.  Please read the article below.  It will explain exactly how weight lifting will help you.

http://health.yahoo.net/rodale/WH/lose-your-fear-of-lifting

Good luck      
Bette B.
on 4/17/11 5:37 am
 I do "my own thing" at Planet Fitness. Usually 30-60 minutes of cardio (lately, I've been doing the bike since that seems to be easier on my knees) and 30 or so minutes of weight machines. I have 3 weight routines I cycle through that work all body parts. I'm happy to post them if anyone is interested.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Jean M.
on 4/17/11 5:46 am
Revision on 08/16/12
It sounds like you're making some good lifestyle changes - congratulations! Even if that doesn't pay off with weight loss right now, eventually it will pay off not just with weight loss but with better health and better quality of life.

I too find that my energy level stays high when I exercise regularly.

I don't follow a single exercise program, partly because I get bored so easily. I started out walking 30 minutes a day, then added Curves 3 days a week. When I got bored with that, I joined a health club with cardio machines (treadmills, bikes, steppers, etc.), weight machines, and group exercise classes. I especially enjoy group classes because I'm a little bit competitive and it's also fun to be with other people sweating and struggling through the same routine. I've worked with 2 different personal trainers for several months at a time. My old health club dropped the classes I used to like, so now I belong to a new fitness studio where I do 45-minute group classes 5 mornings a week. I've belonged for 14 months and haven't gotten bored yet. We do various aerobics routines, step, Brazilian dance (like Zumba), resistance and weight training, plus work on flexibility, balance and stretching. The combination of aerobics and strength training has made a huge difference - I'm skinnier now than the last time I was at this weight because my muscle mass has increased while the fat decreased. Since muscle burns calories faster than fat does, this means I don't have to watch my caloric intake like a hawk any more (also since I'm no longer trying to lose weight).

One thing I'd like to do, but haven't found a way so far, is water aerobics. I did it on vacation a few years ago and it was a lot of fun and an excellent workout, but there are no pools within a reasonable distance with classes at a reasonable class.

If you can do any form of Hip Hop, you have my admiration. I've tried Hip Hop classes a few times and really struggled to keep up!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

bella220
on 4/17/11 6:29 am - Grand Prairie, TX

Although my workout routine is now limited to walking (Im 6 months pregnant) I am a total Beachbody fanatic, Ive done Turbo Jam, P90X, and my absolute favorite is Shaun Ts Insanity which I will be back on as soon as my doctor clears me after I give birth.  Im happy that you found a workout that you enjoy because Ive found thats how you will stick with it! Good luck!!

~Joan~

Start-251 /Current-172/ Goal-165

TO LOVE ONESELF IS THE BEGINNING OF A LIFE-LONG ROMANCE
-Oscar Wilde

Although my band got the weight off, Beachbody got me the body Ive always wanted!!  I believe in this company so much that I decided to become an Independent Team Beachbody Coach. If you want to learn more or you would like to join my team click the link below

www.beachbodycoach.com/JOANSJOURNEY

My 2011 Theme:  Just a former fat girl tryna stay healthy!!

anumrzvee
on 4/17/11 6:57 am - PA
Hey, Bella! Congrats on your pregnancy! Is this your first?

Yes! I love Shaun T!!! I haven't progressed to any other workout, I used to be a Beachbody coach (and may eventually go back) and I've worked out with Hip Hop Abs before
. But INSANITY?!? Crazy...but GO YOU! lol

Anumrzvee

reverie
on 4/17/11 10:23 am
P90X. Love it. loooove it.

Banded May 10, 2010

Onederland June 12, 2010

SW: 245lbs CW: 131lbs GW: 125ish.

From a size 20 to a size 2! Woo hoo.

Most Active