slime

rere10
on 5/15/11 12:24 am
Do you guys have problems with slime?  When you eat or drink then you cough up or spit up slime?  I know this is gross.   This is an on going problem now.

Is this because it's to hot to cold or something else can you guys help?

Thanks RERE
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

MissKasey
on 5/15/11 4:01 am - Bothell, WA
The only time I tend to "slime" is when I have something go down and I am uncomfortable.  Either I didn't chew enough or I am full and that is a sign that my body didn't like it.

I have been told its the bodies way of creating more saliva to help smooth the way through the digestive process.

This is how it works for me.

~~Kasey
debbie H.
on 5/15/11 4:03 am - AR
I have never had the slime problem but have heard enough on this forum to know it's rather common.  Someone will respond who can help you better than me, but I just wanted you to know someone was listening.

rere10
on 5/15/11 6:35 am
Thank you.  Sometimes you just feel like your alone.  
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 5:20 am - Des Moines, IA
No, I've only had the thick saliva 4x's in almost 2 years and that was when I got stuck on too dry of food.  Are you having any other symptoms when this happens?  Do you feel like you are on the verge of being stuck, or is it after too big of a bite, or too dry of food?  I wonder if you might be a tad too tight?  Have you mentioned it to your surgeon?  If it's happening after drinking, it makes me wonder if you might be a little too tight?  I would let your surgeon know, it doesn't sound normal for a lapband to me.  I wouldn't want to deal with that myself.

Kristi
cheyenne000
on 5/15/11 8:32 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I agree with kristi I would talk to your doctor the only time I have had that happen is when I had food stuck or took to big of a bite. I have only had it happen a few times in 2 1/2 years.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

chunkymunk
on 5/15/11 11:51 am
yes i have that problem when im filled to tight. it is a quick fix with your surgeon. nothing to worry about.... good luck
Ms. Cal Culator
on 5/15/11 12:34 pm - Tuvalu

I could slime on spoon #2 of a broth-based soup.  My brain simply began to interpret the pressure form the band as an obstruction.  And it got worse over time and had NOTHING  to do with how much or how fast I ate at any given time.  Sometimes I'd be VERY cautious and it would happen...other times, I'd eat like a regular person and it wasn't a problem.

I lived with it for way too long before I figured out that it wsn't going to resolve and it was PROBABLY   a sign that my esophagus as going south.

So...be cautious about how well you chew and how fast you eat and talk to your doctor.  But if you figure out that you aren't doing anything to cause it...get the saline taken out and see if that improves things. 

In any group of a hundred people, there are probably 2 or 3 sociopaths.  In a group of a thousand, more like 20-30.  They function very well in "affinity groups," where people have things in common and tend to trust strangers.  I am NOT saying not to trust anyone.  I AM saying that there are probably two dozen sociopaths hanging out here and looking for victims.  Most are NOT serial killers.

Read: www.sociopathicstyle.com/traits/classic.htm

Most Active