Colonoscopy Question

Kim A.
on 6/21/11 7:07 am
Lap Band on 10/08/07 with
Has anyone had a colonoscopy POST lapband surgery?  And if so, did you have good restriction and still manage to get all that liquid down? Or did you have a slight unfill in preparation for the procedure?  Thanks in advance!
looking4hope
on 6/21/11 7:37 am
I am having one August 1st. Looking forward to  the replies.
Grider
on 6/21/11 8:10 am - Clearwater, FL
I asked surgeon at seminar as I am just starting n she said get it done before as they have to unfill you. but I read me folks take PILLS instead of all that prep, and to ask for it. Id ask you own surgeon as they know you best,
kathkeb
on 6/21/11 8:33 am

You should be able to get a 'quick prep' that is lower volume.

I made sure to eat really lightly (soups, mushies) for about 3 days prior to the prep --- it helped alot.

Kath

Wendybrum
on 6/21/11 9:12 am - Oceanside, NY
 I had no problems and no unfill.
Went off without a problem.
Did the prep and also had np problems (except the ones you are supposed to have)
wendy

got2wantit
on 6/21/11 10:04 am
I had the procedure a month ago.  I didn't have an unfill.  I explained to my Dr. that I had a lapband and he perscribed a prep for me that was a low volume of liquid to drink.  It worked great.  You will be fine as long as you let your Dr. know.  My Dr. went over several options with me.  Good luck.
Phyllis T.
on 6/21/11 10:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
I had one in May 2010, 9 months after my WLS.  There was no problem at all.  My doctor prescribed some very small pills taken at 1 pm, then liquid (about 1/2 gal) taken over a 2 - 3 hour period in early evening.  It was not a problem getting that much liquid in.

Phyllis

-Mari-
on 6/21/11 12:01 pm
I just had one a few months ago, I  have great restriction. Was able to drink all the liquid. It taste gross to me. LOL No un-fill.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Most Active