Question

Kidplay2009
on 7/18/11 4:06 am
 Hello everyone!
I have a question would like some suggestions. 
Yesterday I ate for lunch some squash, and grilled chicken. I could feel myself getting full so I stopped, a bit later started to have that feeling that it was going to come back up, I did get sick, when this has happened in the past I usually get sick 3-4 times and then I am fine. Yesterday I got sick about 10 times before I felt any better. Did not eat anything else that day just drank my water. Today I had my yogurt for breakfast things were fine. At lunch I took 2 bites of a ham and cheese sandwich before I got that feeling again, I have got sick about 10 times now, feeling some better but not sure its all over or not. My last fill was over 2 months ago, I go back next week for another one if needed. Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this. I am 16 months out from surgery. and am self pay for all fills and un-fills.

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 4:27 am - Des Moines, IA
If you vomited or the food came back up, there's swelling which makes it easier to get stuck and vomit again.  I was told to go on fluids for 24-48 hours after an episode.  The bread  probably got stuck today.  I would do liquids for a day and then progress to softs.  The squash might have been fiberous and stuck in there with the chicken. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 5:34 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
You don't need another fill, you need an unfill. How much are you paying for your adjustments ?
crystal M.
on 7/18/11 7:22 am - Joliet, IL
This happened to me once and you need to progress slowly.  Go on liquids for 24-48 hours and then proceed to mushies for 24-48 hours.  If every thing seems fine start solids.  If you still have problems you will need a slight unfill.  Just like the other poster mention you are swollen.  That's you had no problems with the yogurt but the sandwich made you throw up.  You want to take care of this and not keep throwing up.  Excessive throwing up can cause a slip. 
Kidplay2009
on 7/18/11 7:58 am
 So I called my Dr office and they wanted to see me. I went in and saw the PA who I normally see, It took her FOREVER to access my port, she was making plans for me to come back in the morning to see the DR. she took all my fluid out and wants me on full liquids till in the morning. I am to call the nurse and let her know how I am doing, If I am still having issues with liquid I will need to have an EGD done to see whats going on, she is thinking I have a piece of food stuck and with no restriction it should pass. I hope so. Now I get the pleasure of starting all over for my fills again! she took out 6.2

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 7/19/11 1:59 am - Alamosa, CO
 WOW!  That was extreme!  At least now you will not be stuck :)  I guess it was serious enough to unfill you completely.  I have had this happen to me, but if I just had some warm fluids and stuck to liquids for a day or so, things got better.  Keep us posted so we know you are doing well.  
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

Most Active