target weight

rere10
on 7/19/11 10:30 am
This may sound stupid.  Once you reach your target weight.  How does the band work to keep you from loosing more?

I only have 30 more to go.  I never asked what happens then?  Can you guys help

Thanks  RERE
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

kathkeb
on 7/19/11 11:31 am
I go to Weigh****chers -- when I got to my goal weight, I started on Maintenance for 6 weeks.
To do that, I added in about 100 calories a day -- and then weighed in to see if I lost or gained.

I was still losing on that -- so I added in another 100 calories or so a day.

I now maintain at about 1,800 calories a day, but I also exercise 60 - 120 minutes a day.

I believe that for most of us, our bodies stop losing when we are ready ---

I might be able to lose another 10 pounds, but I am easily able to maintain at my current calorie intake/exercise output -----
Kath

dvolumptious1
on 7/23/11 1:44 am
I too have started Weigh****chers as of today. I bought the new kit last year right when they had changed it to the plus points system. I'm at 29 pts per day and I believe that I can stay on course as long as I stick to the program and continue to exercise and lift weights. However, considering how diligent I was in the beginning...and ended up gaining weight. I started out at 305 when I went for my initial appointment, then 282 day of surgery 10/2009 and got down to 168 within a year and now I'm already up to 202. As you can imagine, I'm fearful. I realize that I was almost in starvation mode to get down that low and that fast. I was also addicted to exercise to the point where I was there for at least 2-4 hours a day. 7 days a week. I don't want to do that again but can i be successful in the long-term. I want to be able to maintain my weight loss.  

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

Most Active