Quick ???

Samanthaszx2
on 9/24/11 6:39 am - TX
I'm currently seeking information about WLS.  I have been lurking in the backround of several forums getting educated from people who have gone through the various procedures.  Pros and cons.  I have also talked to one of my friends who had the LB done in March of 2010.  She was telling me that she still vomits a lot .  I'm like what?  is that normal?  Seems normal for her.  Not so sure I want to be puking all of the time. 

Anyone else out there have the same experience as my friend?

I see a surgeon and start the process on Oct 14th so i'm pretty excited to get this party started. 

Thanks for all of your posts.  They are all wonderful!  And congrats on everyone who has taken that next step to a better healthier life!

Lisaizme
on 9/24/11 3:40 pm - TX
 If your friend is refunding her food frequently, there's probably something wrong.  Either she's too tight (too much fluid in the band) or she's eating too fast or too much.. those would be my guesses as to the cause of her problems.  

Banding is not surgical bulemia.  ::grin::    I have refunded (thrown up) some, but not frequently.  Usually it's either stress related or I did something silly like try to keep eating when I'd really had enough.

And when/if you do have to refund.. it's not like being sick to your stomach.. there's no nausea and the food doesn't taste awful because it's not mixed with gastric juices.

Please note that I'm not saying that your friends experience is her fault.. we all have slightly different experiences.  Throwing up frequently can lead to band slippage, so if you have any influence, suggest that your friend visit her surgeon and let them know what is going on.

Best of luck to you,
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Most Active