2 years out

rere10
on 11/1/11 12:06 pm
I was getting sick and they let out a little fluid.  I'm not getting sick any more.  I'm eating a lot more than before.  I cannot figure out what to do now.  I don't want to have fluid but back in and I don't want to get sick.

I need advice on what to do now.  Thank you  ReRe
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

MARIA F.
on 11/1/11 12:13 pm - Athens, GA

Hugs! I got mine just a few days after you did. As you know, the band and I have NOT been a match. :-(

I finally gave up on it after 16 fills and 4 partial unfills in 15 months. I just couldn't see wasting any more money on it. It just NEVER worked as advertised. Either too loose or too tight. There was never a happy medium (green zone).

Have you thought about revising?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Ms Shell
on 11/2/11 3:01 am - Hawthorne, CA
As it relates to you eating more and not getting sick.  Are you eating TO MUCH and fear gaining weight?  If you aren't to the point where you are gorging or over eating, then I think it's not a problem.  If you are eating to much, perhaps go in and get a very tiny fill, I'm not sure how much they took out but just less then that and go from there.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

NanaB.
on 11/2/11 3:41 am
If you were getting sick all the time -- then you were too tight, if you are able to eat too much now, you are too loose. You will have to advocate for yourself and work with your surgeon to fill you properly. As you can see the band does not work if it's too tight or too loose. I don't know what size band you have, you may want to ask your surgeon for the tiniest fills and see how you feel until you sneak up on your sweet spot.
 Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Hislady
on 11/3/11 2:26 pm - Vancouver, WA
It was that yoyoing  restriction that pushed me over the edge to where I finally had mine emptied! Now at least I can eat healthy food again and so far I'm not gaining so I guess the band wasn't doing much anyway!
Most Active