Question

Mrsdwhite
on 11/5/11 10:00 am
I was scheduled to get the VSG on Nov. 1.  Well, I got on the table and freaked out and told them to stop.  I don't beleive that was the right surgery for me in the beginning I was going for the band but changed my mind.  My question is, is there anyone on here that is happy with their band?  Please no negative comments because thats all I see on this page so I know the negatives I just want to here from the people who are happy with there band. Thank you.
kathkeb
on 11/5/11 12:38 pm
I am very, very happy with my band and my band experience.

It was just the tool that I needed to dim my appetite and allow me to modify my dietary habits.

It does not stop me from eating -- it just lets a small amount of food be 'enough' -- and has allowed me to learn portion control and to make healthier choices.
Kath

pitablond
on 11/5/11 1:18 pm - Harrisburg, PA
I love my band!  Of course there are days where it may frustrate me and **** me off.  That is only when Im starving and I get stuck...but thats my own dumb fault.  lol  I have gone from a 26/28, some 30/32 shirts to 16.  I have lost a little over 100lbs.  I have lost my determination a bit this past year in dealing with life but I havent gained it back,  I can always get back to where I need to be.  My band has never given me issues and it helped me regain my life back by getting rid of my high blood pressure and depression.  I know that there are many people who have had issues or couldnt lose as much or as fast as they wanted but luckily, Im not one of them!  Good luck with whatever you decide.  I think the band takes work and if your willing, you can do well with it.  It certainly is far from the easy way out.

~*Ashley*~ Highest weight: 330ish   Current weight: 198

Kate -True Brit
on 11/5/11 6:23 pm - UK

Yes. Me. See my signature line. 

I have actually met face to face almost 30 bandster, many several years out ( longest 7 years post- op, several, like me over 5 years). None are unhappy. The longer term ones are at, near or below goal. Some wish loss was faster. One had her band removed for issues that were almost certainly not caused by the band.

This is not a rainbows and roses post. I know things can go wrong. . Just they haven't done for the bandsters I actually know.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Lisa O.
on 11/5/11 10:59 pm - Snoqualmie, WA
I'm very happy with my band and have lost over 100 lbs (in the first year).  The only negative IMO is having to get adjustments (fills) and dealing with sudden tightness and other restriction changes for a multitude of reasons.

While extremely happy with my results I will say that I worked very hard to lose my weight (followed a very strict eating plan for maximum results) and now that I'm three years out it's hard to get back to that level of strictness.  I still want to lose 30 more lbs to reach goal.  If my insurance would have covered the VSG I probably would have the Sleeve.  I like the idea of no adjustments.  But with the sleeve you still have to make good food choices because it's not a malabsortive proceedure.

Best wishes as you make your decision.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Jean M.
on 11/6/11 1:52 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I love my band. I lost 100% of my excess weight (90 lbs) in one year. Living with the band has helped my portion control and also helped me learn to recognize (and heed) satiety signals. I like that the band is adjustable, but having said that, I will also say that the sleeve is a better choice for people who may not be able to afford the time and expense of getting fills and unfills.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active