Lap Band Slipped

P goode
on 11/7/11 12:45 am, edited 11/7/11 4:05 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16
Been having some symptoms- not nausea or vomiting, but cardiac symptoms and upper gi confirmed today my band has slipped and there is some dilation. My surgeon said he would remove the band soon, and if my stomach is not damaged, he will do a sleeve conversion. He took all the fluid out today.... anybody else been throught this? Also just got a call from him and he said the radiologist feels there is erosion, but I have none of those symptoms... eeek.

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 1:21 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
That's a hell of a slip.  For a firstie, they normally unfill you and see if the band rights itself.

My band isn't slipped but I was having similar issues.  It's currently unfilled and I'm going through the required medical testing to remedy the issue.  Hopefully, I will be sleeved as well although it may end up as RnY.
Nic M
on 11/7/11 1:25 am
Lots of us have been through this. Check out the Revisions forum and the Failed band group, if you're interested.

Best of luck to you. I'm sorry you're going through this.
Take care.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 1:36 am
2 slips & now sleeved.

P goode
on 11/7/11 4:09 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16
Are you happy with the conversion?  Did they try to fix the slips and it failed?  My surgeon does not want to try to fix the slip cause he feels it will not be ultimately successfull.

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

Nic M
on 11/7/11 4:17 am
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/a,messageboard/

The Revisions forum will give you a lot of information about band slippage and revision to another weight loss surgery.

Most surgeons are of the belief that once a band has slipped, it's more than likely to slip again. I had my band repositioned and ultimately had to have it removed.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 5:00 am
i am, but still in healing mode.

an unfill corrected the first slip - after the second, i kept it unfilled.

i believe your dr is correct, i do think your more susceptible to subsequent slips after one - though some may disagree.

kdolphin
on 11/7/11 8:32 am - FL
My band was removed in late Feb after 4 years and was revised with the sleeve.  YOU WiLL LOVE IT!

Great restriction ALL the time.  The surgery was easier than the band surgery but I did use a Dr who has done hundreds of band to sleeve revisions.

Good Luck to you.  The first month is the toughest but it really seems to be what I thought the band was going to be when I got it.
Nic M
on 11/7/11 9:07 am
I actually wondered where you had gone! I'm glad to hear you're doing well, K.

Most Active