weight gain

rere10
on 8/20/12 5:49 pm
I've found myself  going back to a lot of old habits.  I had my surgery almost 3 years ago.
I don't know what to do at this point.

Any ideals ? 

RERE
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

kathkeb
on 8/20/12 6:27 pm
 Sure you know what to do.

Clean the crap out of your house
Stock up on good quality lean and solid proteins and veggies
Cut out liquid calories
Plan your meals and snacks and eat when it is time, stop when you have eaten your portion and do so etching else until it is time teat again
Get some exercise

Do one of these, or 2 or all 6
There are no big secrets for what works .......you got out of practice....you can find it again.
Kath

MARIA F.
on 8/20/12 6:42 pm - Athens, GA

What Kath said. And no drinking with or at least 30 mins. after meals. No carbonation. Use salad plates and smaller bowls instead of the regular size.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jo 1962
on 8/20/12 6:55 pm - NearHouston, TX

I agree with Kathkeb.  You can do this.  I was worried baout the same thing when I saw my weight creep UP for the first time since my surgery 2 years ago.  My diet was good but I found Watermelon Punch this summer and enjoyed too many liquid calories!  Its scary when the scale goes the wrong direction., making old fears arise  BUT we have the tool and knowledge to turn it around.  I'm back to drinking my Mio flavored water.  The new Mio Fruit Punch flavor keeps me from missing the Watermelon Punch!

P.S.  I've also finally gotten serious about exercising.  I DO NOT want that scale to creep up anymore!

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

SueBee01
on 8/21/12 5:40 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Jo, the strawberry watermelon is good to! I even add a little lemonade to it.
 Sue

vlp1968
on 8/21/12 1:33 am
I have been struggling with weight gain for at least the last 6 months. I had my surgery 11/09 and lost all my excess weight. I have recently gone back to a very low carb/mod. fat/ high protien diet. I also am working my but off at the gym. My appetite is much better and the scale is moving. You can do it!
coachgrrl
on 8/22/12 7:18 am, edited 8/22/12 7:19 am
 Yep...

I was up almost 20 lbs from my lowest weight but have taken off 10 so far.  I had slid right back into thinking I could eat whatever I wanted.  Truthfully my band did help in the fact I couldn't do as much damage as I would without it.  But I started planning and logging my food, stopped drinking calories (other than my early morning protein shake when I have to be in early and my band is tight.  I've also been struggling with tendonitis in my right ankle, making walking tough...so I've been swimming and going to acupuncture...which has really helped. 10 lbs down...10 to go.  Then another 20 to goal.

rere10
on 8/22/12 3:27 pm
Thank you it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this.  I know I need to exercise.  I have a new puppy and he is 11 months old.  We do walk but I have to get back to the gym and it's where I can now.  It feel that I've had the 20 pounds to get off forever.

RERE    
                                  My new life started on 10-21-09   

rebecca110
on 8/23/12 4:52 pm - Milledgeville, GA
Thanks to all of you.  I have gained 10 pounds in the last few months from my low weight which was still 40 pounds from my goal.  I know everything you said, but now I have to do it starting with cleaning out the junk from the kitchen and planning meals, writing it down and staying away from carbs.  I have done pretty well this week.  Going on vacation, but plan to stay with it.
pineview01
on 8/22/12 12:49 pm, edited 8/25/12 4:18 am - Davison, MI
I had gained all mine back.  I am doing hard core low carb and it is working even with the
band issues.

Also the best thing for me was an UNfill.  I have had two so far as I keep tightening up.  Each un-fill I lost more and more.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active