What are you eating today (Saturday) or yesterday?

Jean M.
on 1/11/13 10:05 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go (tonight). I'm going to tackle some housecleaning today before I have to leave for work. I am no Suzy Homemaker, but I let things slide during November and December because of my work schedule, and now that I'm home more, I'm noticing more that needs to be done here. I could speculate about why the other (male) adult human in this household doesn't even see, never mind attend to, issues of cleanliness, but I try to avoid sexism whenever possible.

Today's food plan:
B: protein latte
S: sage-oat pancake w/ a smear of cream cheese, a very thin slice of smoked salmon, and a miniscule amount of caviar
S: banana & peanut butter
L: salmon, eggplant salad
S: popcorn
S: raw sugar snap peas
D: apple, Havarti cheese
S: peanut butter banana chips (maybe)

I made another batch of the peanut butter banana chips yesterday, adding some rice chex into the mixture. After the ingredients are all mixed together, I put them in a roasting pan in the oven to heat at 300F for a while, then stir them, then more time in the oven. After the 2nd time in the oven, I ignored the timer sound long enough for them to overcook. Not quite burned, but not good. It was a huge batch and I'd hate to throw it all out. I hate it when I do stuff like that.

I hope you all have something fun planned for the weekend. Enjoy!

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

vlp1968
on 1/11/13 11:07 pm

Hate it when cooking goes wrong.  I wouldn't force yourself to eat them, if they are not tasty it's not worth it.  Just keep a closer eye next time lol.  How do you make them exactly.  I would love to try them.  Bananna and peanut butter is an awsome combination.

Yesterday was a really good day until after dinner.  Didn't binge but did eat some turkey pepperoni I hadn't planned on.  But overall, so much better than I have been doing.

Here's todays plan

B- eggs, 1pc whole wheat toast, asperagus

30 min on treadmill- 8am- done

S- LC protein shake

L- tuna on a thin whole wheat pita, veggie

S- bananna and cheese

30 minutes on the treadmill around 4

D- chicken sausage and squash

S- 1/4 c nuts or turkey peperoni

Have a great Sat. everyone

Jean M.
on 1/11/13 11:44 pm, edited 1/11/13 11:44 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

The recipe isn't exact because I made it up and changed it as I went along and never kept track of amounts. The procedure is:

Preheat the oven to 300F.

Spray a baking sheet or roasting pan with nonstick spray.

Put some banana chips (a dried product found near the produce section at Wal-Mart) in a zip-lock bag, close the back, and roll a rolling pin over the bag to break up but not crush the chips. Do the same thing to some rice chex if you want to use them.

In a saucepan, melt some creamy peanut butter with some butter or margarine and the sweetener of your choice (I've used Splenda brown sugar blend, agave syrup, and honey).

When the stuff in the saucepan is melted, add the banana chips and rice chex (or cheerios or other cereal) and stir until as evenly coated as possible. If you want you can add some peanuts too.

Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared baking sheet or pan.

Bake for 10-15 min. Remove from oven and stir. Bake again for 10-15 min., or until the mixture is golden brown. Remove from the oven, stir again, and let sit until cool enough to put in an airtight container. The mixture may look/feel sticky when it comes out of the oven but should dry off as it cools, becoming more crunchy than sticky.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

vlp1968
on 1/12/13 1:52 am

Thanks so much Jean!  Your great

prek-3
on 1/12/13 5:28 am - Hollywood, FL
Afternoon Jean!
Hope your day goes by quickly!

Pre workout:
Eas chocolate protein shake

Work out:
30 min. elipticle
60 min. Spin class

Breakfast:
Yoplait Greek key lime ( 100 calorie)
Smart fiber
Almonds

Lunch:
Chicken salad
Garbanzo beans
Almonds
Chopped peppers
Raisins
Spinach
Olive oil

Snack?
Skinny Starbucks

Dinner:
Grilled chicken
Sweet potatoe

Evening? Maybe a glass if wine

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Most Active