Mass Health Coverage for Lapband

LMRMP
on 5/1/07 1:17 pm
Hello everyone :) Im new to the state and have signed up for Mass Health. I was wondering if anyone knew if they cover the fees to have the lapband surgery done. Thank you in advance for your time. Best regards, L Smith
KelleyMac
on 5/1/07 8:53 pm - South Shore, MA
I believe on some of the surgeon's profiles I have seen patients that have had surgery and had Mass Health but I am not 100 % sure. I would call them and check with them or maybe your surgeon's office ... seems to me that they know these ropes better than anyone but I am sure it is up to the individual policy.
sunnymoonx
on 5/2/07 6:15 am - cape cod, MA
HI Lisa I have masshealth and when I called NEMC to check on LapBand being covered they said "no way" does masshealth cover it. I DID call masshealth and asked them and they guy told me "only if medically necessary" So I wonder who is right? Check around and ask different surgeons if masshealth covers it. Good Luck!
Evia
on 7/30/07 5:06 pm
Has anyone found a surgeon that takes masshealth for lapbands??
Pam M.
on 5/3/07 5:06 am - Western, MA
Someone in one of my support groups works in insurance and said there is a branch of Mass Health that covers it. It has a "insurance company" kind of name to it but it's a program within Mass Health. I want to say they even have fewer than normal pre-op requirements. I wish I remembered more but it didn't apply to me so I didn't pay close attention. Maybe someone else knows what that means and can give you some better direction.
KelleyMac
on 5/3/07 6:12 am - South Shore, MA
Could it be Commonwealth Care?
calsmylf
on 5/25/07 3:25 am
hey guys! i have bmc health net in mass health and i'm covered for the lap band. i just got referals from my doctor just to make sure that there was no cover charge. i found out that i didn't even need the referals. bmc pays 4 everything.
Megr1029
on 6/10/22 7:11 pm

Hi ,

My, my name is Megan and I'm interested in getting some type of bariatric surgery I'm not that much overweight but diet and exercise just aren't working I keep gaining the weight back I was wondering if anybody found a surgeon that is covered by MassHealth that pays for lap band or any type of bariatric surgery you seem to be knowledgeable? You can even respond about The BMC I may be able to switch my health insurance please let me know thank you

Evia
on 6/25/07 5:30 pm
how long did it take for bmc to approve you?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 629 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2197 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4385 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4512 views