ANYONE IN MA

illykatrina
on 5/22/11 10:27 am - Haverhill, MA
im looking to get the lap band done and i need to know if it's covered my medicare/mass heath and i just need some questions awnsered
chrisgraves
on 5/22/11 3:33 pm - MA
Each insurance plan is written differently.  You'll need to call your plan and ask.  Mass has some really good hospitals thought.  Good luck

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
skinnycat
on 5/22/11 11:11 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi, I Live in Peabody, MA and had lap band surgery in 2006.  I don't know about your insurance but I can answer any questions you might have about the lap band.

"Let's Make this Journey Together"

Donna

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

illykatrina
on 5/23/11 11:04 am - Haverhill, MA
does it cover  the lap band and  how much weight do you have to loose in order to get the surgery
skinnycat
on 5/23/11 11:31 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi,

Yes, my co pay was $300 for the lap band surgery.  I had to go on a liquid diet to lose 15 lbs but I only lost 11 lbs.  The reason they want you to lose some weight is to lose the fat around your liver.  The fat can get in the way of the surgery.  I had my surgery at Lahey Clinic in Burlington.

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Rachel B.
on 5/24/11 1:42 am
 Yes it is.  I'm on Mass Health too, although I'm looking to have the Realize Band, which is similar to the Lap-Band, done.

illykatrina
on 5/25/11 11:05 am - Haverhill, MA
well im looking at both right now the orthopedic sergeon said im a cainidate  for the lap band im like taking out books and stuff on it i got a 5 month folllow up in oct to see if hes  gonna let me or not i also have sleep apnea a co morbitity
jgraham6
on 6/2/11 5:09 am
You might want to check out North Shore Medical Center's surigical weight management program. We do lap band and bypass and take MassHealth. Check out our website nsmcweightloss.org and attend an info session. Next info session in Amesbury is June 29. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 633 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2203 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4391 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4521 views