Lowell General Hospital

Maureen2012
on 4/12/12 11:48 am
Hi,  I am new to this board within the last few weeks.  I live in Southern NH and am planning on having my gastric bypass at the Lowell General.  I have my first 2 appts on May 2nd.  Has anyone had their surgery there?  They have 4 surgeons and want you to select one.  Everything I've read about the surgeons is positive.  But, I would really love some feedback.  Anxious to hear from someone.  Thanks, Maureen
tipa
on 4/15/12 6:17 am
 hello..,, i had my surgery there 2 years ago.. with dr.jiser... he is very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  very good hospital!

Maureen2012
on 4/15/12 10:49 am
Dear Tipa,
Thanks so much for responsing to my request, I was beginning to think no one had used LGH.  Do you mind me asking if the process to surgery go quickly?  I have my first 2 appts on May 2nd?
You look fabulous.
Thank you
Maureen2012
illykatrina
on 9/6/12 2:49 pm - Haverhill, MA
im having my surgery their i have the info session in october 

tipa
on 4/18/12 9:59 am
 hello,, sorry it takes me so long to get back to you!  well the process is kinda long ,, but if you can make it to all of the appt that they give you with out rescheduling then it goes reall quick... i didnt reschedule any of them  and it took me about  i wna to say 4 months until the actual surgry ,. depending  on how long it takes you to lose the % of wieght first like i had to lose,,, 15 pounds first... and then they would do the surgery... but while you are trying to lose the weight they schedule all of your appts so that when you are done with losing the % of wieght you will be all ready to book your appt for surgery! .. i also have a facebook that you can add me on ... i have alot more before pics and after! my name on there is alante tipa....  bye and have a great night
chrisinma
on 4/20/12 5:19 pm - MA
 I had my surgery with Dr. Jiser when he was at Emerson Hospital.  He was great, I highly reccomend him.  Best of luck, it will be the best decision you ever make!!
Maureen2012
on 4/21/12 9:56 am
chrisinma,
Thanks so much for responding. You are the second person recommending Dr. Jiser. From my understanding they run the wls programs at both LGH and Emerson.
Thanks again,
Maureen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 629 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2197 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4385 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4512 views