Approved!

Tricia S.
on 9/8/03 5:45 am - South Weymouth, MA
Hi all : ) I have been lurking on this site for a month or so but today is the first day I am posting. I have been approved by my insurance company (United HealthCare - PPO) AND my surgery date has been moved up to October 2 !! I am a single mom of an 11 & 13 yrs old. My only family is my father who is disabled and a brother with whom I have never been close to. I am not going to tell either of them about the surgery, I see no point. I did tell my kids who were great about it and knew more about it than I did before I started. They saw a special on MTV about WLS and on the TV show ED. I have two good friends at work that have saved some vacation time to help me through this. What great friends huh? : ) I would like to get to know some local people, I have noticed there are a lot of us South Shore people on this board. The support group time at Brigham & Women's Hospital is held at such an inconvenient time for a working person outside of Boston. I am going to post a picture to my profile as soon as i can get it scanned. I have enjoyed reading so many of your profiles and pictures, thank you for reading mine.
kelli72
on 9/8/03 8:21 pm - ma
Tricia, I congradulate you on your approval and date!! not so far away huh I have Dr Gatritz and I have yet to get any date or approval, I am still at the pre op physical stage and then all gets turned in. I from the south shore and I wish you the best
annstan60
on 9/10/03 2:53 pm - Weymouth, MA
Congratulations on your "big date" -it's coming up soon! (p.s. I may have e-mailed you off-site with some incorrect bio info - again, I am sorry). I too am having my surgery at B & W's Hospital (on Sept. 25) - and I'm getting both nervous and excited. By reading your posting on the message board, it sounds like you have a similar family situation to mine. Although I have a good husband and 2 great boys (5 & 8) - the only others I have is my mother (who is 85 and angry at me for having this surgery) and a sister who lives 25 miles away, hardly ever helps with our mother and we rarely talk (usually only when our mother is sick. ) I am envious of people who have an extended support system around them - but I also understand that we have to do the best with the cards we've been dealt. For once, we're doing something ENTIRELY for ourselves - and that is such a big step in the right direction. This surgery will do very little for other people in our lives (good or bad) - and that is OK for a change! I, too, am searching for a support group to attend (B&W's is definitely at an awkward time/location) - I'm looking into the one a Faulkner Hospital and one in Brockton. If you find a good one locally, please let me know via e-mail or post it on the message board. Otherwise, best of luck to you - it sounds like you have a "good head on your shoulders" and you are ready for a change. Take care!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 633 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2203 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4391 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4521 views