I think this is acid???

Madelaine2000
on 6/12/12 3:14 am
I am 3 weeks out and what a difference day 19 was. I could get in all my liquid and most of my protein. Today though, I had an egg for breakfast and took my acid reducer (from my Mexico doctor that has worked in the past) but all morning I have had pains in my stoamch that feel like Im ravenous! No heartburn feeling, just the gnawing stomach. Could I actually be feeling hunger or should I get some Prilosec and give it a try? I dont have any of the ones left from my doc..those of you who have been here, please chime in..

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Used2Bthin
on 6/12/12 3:18 am - Canada
It may be reminisant head hunger.  It does happen from time to time escecially if you are "ravenous".  I found that chewing gum helped out alot for that as it kept my mouth busy.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Teasha1
on 6/12/12 8:40 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Hi Monica

My Dr told me to take two of those pills a day one in the evening and one in the morning and it has really helped.  It is acid for me for sure.  My Dr gave me another prescription of them I also have gasx strips which I end up taking one a day of those.  I hope your stomach settles down soon for you.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

justmest
on 6/12/12 9:05 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
 Hey Madeline. I will be there on Sunday. I did not take those meds. I will bring them for you. 
Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Madelaine2000
on 6/12/12 9:33 am
Thanks ladies, I knew it wasnt head hunger because quite frankly, I havent had any hunger since the procedure. Yesterday I managed all my water and almost all my protein..and then today just this awful feeling in my stomach! Just a gnawing and gurgling and I know that somethings different because even after I had lunch, the feeling came back within the hour. Teasha, I feel for you if you have it too. Its a yuckt feeling. Hope your doing well otherwise!

My doc is at the walk-in tomorrow so Im going to pop in and see what she says. Justmest, give me a call on Sunday..Im not sure if we will be here or in Portage but I;ll let you know as well.

Referred Dec/2011

justmest
on 6/12/12 12:05 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
 I will be there till Tues or weds...I will call you on sunday.
Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Snow_White_39
on 6/13/12 2:19 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 04/30/12
Definitely can be acid! That's exactly what it feels like for me (6 weeks out now, but it started about 2 or 3 weeks out) - the most INTENSE, hunger pains but no other burning or typical acid reflux issues! But I know it's not because I'm really hungry... so Dr. Aceves' clinic told me to take my acid pill at night as well (about an hour before bed), and that has definitely helped cut down on the crazy strong "hunger"/acid pains, as well as the esophageal spasms which feel like your heart is beating out of your chest or slight chest pain. I got the esophageal spasms for the first few days every time I switched to a new phase (from clears to full liquids, then full to blended, etc.). Good luck!

Madelaine2000
on 6/14/12 10:19 am
Hey Snow White..thats exactly what it feels like. Saw my doctor and she gave me omeprazole (sp, I dont have the bottle in front of me) and she says it works the best in about 2 days. I sure hope so!

Referred Dec/2011

Most Active