Surgery date

Alvina300
on 7/16/12 11:21 am - Canada
I was surprised when Lorraine from Edmonton called to tell me the surgery is 2 days later, Aug 29th
I was disappointed since it screwed up my plane ticket, arrangements for hotels etc.

This is the hard part about having surgery out of province

Hope you guys have a good week.

Thanks
Alvina

1crazy_cat_lady
on 7/16/12 2:37 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
I think I'm missing something. Did they change your date by 2 days or did they just call and say your surgery is 2 days after an appointment?

I can't wait for the call. I go back on the 27th of September and meet with everyone but the surgeon. I guess it will depend on what Dr. Modi says/wants done. I have to find out about sleep study here if I can get it done before I go in September.

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

Alvina300
on 7/16/12 11:22 pm - Canada
Hi there

They called and said the surgeon is not in Aug 27th and we would like to change your date to Aug 29th.    I told her I had plane tickets, hotel rooms planned everything plus I have to take 2 extra days off from work, while sitting in Edmonton before surgery.   At least if it was after, I could recooperate.

Lorraine asked if I couldn't chg my flights, but then she remembered I still have to be there the Friday before for training on eating after surgery.
Oh well, it feels like I've been waiting forever for it and whats another 2 days.  

I really like Dr Modi, she has been very thorough..   I think the surgeon decided he wanted to have a long weekend and we are at his mercy.   This also means two more hotel nights, and its expensive.

Oh well
Wish you all the best on your surgery.   Who is your surgeon?

Take care
Alvina
alle
on 7/16/12 11:46 pm
RNY on 05/15/12
 That's too bad Alvina and I know  it is frustrating.  But your day is coming and you have that to focus on and prepare for.  I am so happy for you! 

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Alvina300
on 7/17/12 5:24 am - Canada
Thanks alot

You take care
Alvina
1crazy_cat_lady
on 7/17/12 12:23 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I'm sorry to hear that Alvina, I know that changing plans last minute for us travellers is tough. If you check out the Alberta board you will see that there was a fire last week in Calgary that actually knocked down systems and there were surgeries cancelled. Someone there posted that their surgery was cancelled the day before or so and is rescheduled for mid-August. I'm suspecting this is a result of the shuffle to get the cancelled surgeries rescheduled.

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

Alvina300
on 7/17/12 5:23 am - Canada
Hi there

Thanks, I had't realized about the fire.  That makes a little more sense

Take care
Alvina
seeking_freedom
on 7/17/12 1:08 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 well, 2 days is crumby but doable. could you imagine if they changed while on your preop, and having to do even longer of a preop! lol. now that would suck! tbh that was one of my personal fears! lol. it sucks you have to spend extra on hotel! thankfully the shoppers is right across the street to buy some ensure and there are fridges in the room. i go for my follow up on aug 2 and 3rd. too bad it wasnt at the same time. it would have been nice to visit you post op. the preadmission clinic is very informative and takes hours, so plan for that. my case manager tried booking my weigh in 30 mins after my pre admission, i told her in the preparing for bariatric surgery class( which is 3 hours), they told us up to 6 hours so i weighed in b4 the preadmin clinic. hmmm..... looking at my calender i wonder if you had had your surg on the 27th when your pre admission would have been.... my was on monday my surg was tues. so this might actually save you an extra trip there a week b4. hopefully they can book your preadmission the mon or tues. im assuming by your post that the learning how to eat post op you mentioned is the maintaining the change class or the preparing for bariatric surgery class. hmmmm.... i really wonder when they expected you to do the preadmission...... 
it will be great! they will take great care of you!
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Alvina300
on 7/17/12 2:11 pm - Canada
HI Niki

Good to hear from you.  How are you doing?  I know things could be much worse.  I will get to Edmonton Thursday afternoon and Friday have the training for life after bariatric surgery, then off till Wednesday and hope to be able to leave on Saturday. 

I didn't think I needed ensure since I'm just on clear fluids for 2 weeks after or maybe I misunderstood. I was told that my liver is not enlarged, so I don't have to go on a preop liquid diet.

I have been struggling with my exercises and loosing weight.  Are you going to come to the next M & G

look forward to seeing everyone again

Thanks
Alvina
Most Active