53.5 pounds down and Im still obese

Madelaine2000
on 9/30/12 9:01 am
I know, I know..those charts are not realistic, I should be proud of my accomplishments (which I am VERY VERY MUCH), I am exercising more and not hating it, and am getting lots of compliments and questions. Yet still seeing that after all this so far, I am still considered obese. Thats such a derogatory word..for anyone.

I am 1.3 points away from being "overweight" which sounds a bit better than obese, to me. And when I am "normal" by that charts standard, I will consider myself alot more than just "normal"..Im saying Im freakin' amazing!! Especiallly after what I have been thru this past 5 months!!!

40 or so more punds to go and I'll see how I look and feel at that point to set my goal..but if alls good at that point, then I'll call it goal! Could not have done any of this on my own..I knew I needed the sleeve and am so glad I have one.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Teener
on 9/30/12 9:34 am - Canada
Congrats on your weightloss!  That is one fantastic accomplishment already. 
Madelaine2000
on 10/1/12 9:11 am
Thanks Teener!

Referred Dec/2011

justmest
on 10/1/12 12:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
 Iove this post, because you come around and say it all in the end. You should be so proud of yourself!!!! You have done a great job and this 1.3 points will be a thing of the past in no time at all! 

I am so happy to have gone through this journey wih you, even though, there's some distance, I feel so happy that you are so level headed about it all. 

Keep smiling!  You ARE awesome!
Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Madelaine2000
on 10/2/12 10:27 am

Aww thanks Justmest! I feel the same way about you..those first few days in the hospital, where we were at out worst, didnt make me embarrassed or feel awkward..now we laugh at it and good thing too! It was such a great experience with you.

Referred Dec/2011

Most Active