Out of Hospital

Alvina300
on 10/17/12 5:44 am - Canada
Hi there

I got discharged from St Pierre hospital and am staying with a friend in Steinbach for 1 week before going back to the doctor.  She willl let me know if I'm well enough to be on my own after that.

I notice whenever I go from lying down to sitting, I get nausiated.  Did anyone else have this problem and any suggestions on how to avoid.

I don't know how you guys got your protein in.   I can eat so little and trying to drink boost in between meals is a challenge.   I wonder if my stomach is smaller since they did a second surgery to fix the first one.

Look forward to the next meeting, when is it?

Alvina
rainyone
on 10/17/12 7:18 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I meant to come and visit you but all hell broke loose in my personal life and things got crazy.

I'm glad you are free. I never had problems with nausea so I don't know... does it help if you transition slowly?  You ended up having 2 surgeries? I think we all knew you had complications but no one was sure what they were. Do you feel comfortable sharing?

October 30 at the library on keewatin- if you need a ride let me know!

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Alvina300
on 10/17/12 8:47 am - Canada
Hi there

I will try to get up slower, thought I was but maybe not enough.

I hope everything is getting better in your personal life. 

I may ask Sondra since she drives right by my place, but if she can't I'll call you

I willl need your ph #

Thanks
Alvina
BeginsToday
on 10/17/12 7:20 am
Hi Alvina,

It is great to hear you are out of the hospital. Two surgeries - Yuck! Take Care.
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/17/12 7:54 am
VSG on 10/16/12
glad you are safe and sound and on the mend!  so two surgeries for the price of one, can't wait to hear what happened, geeez, ya scared us!  take care and I see you sitting just down from me on the loser's bench....... hi...... I'm waving...... (so corny, I know but I'm on T3s lol)
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/12 8:02 am
 I'm glad you posted.i was going to pm you as I was going to be in st.pierre tomorrow.im glad you are out of hospital and on the mend.you had us all very worried about you.
sondra
Alvina300
on 10/17/12 8:48 am - Canada
Hi Sondra

I was wondering if you're going right by my condo, if you could pick me up.  If not, I'll find another ride

Thanks
Alvina
its-killen-me
on 10/17/12 8:08 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Hi Alvina, glad to hear you are out of hospital.  You may be low on Iron or have an ear infection.  The sudden change in transition from lying to sitting and vise versa could indicate either one.  Ask your doctor to check all your blood work.  My guess is you would have been on anti biotics recently so not likely an ear infection, but you never know.  I have had them before and had no pain - just dizzy and nausiated.  Next meet and greet is Oct. 30th.  there should still be a post on the front screen, If not I will update the front page of the forum again.  Hope you feel well enough to make it.  Did you get your flowers from the group, they were sent to the royal alex hospital?
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Alvina300
on 10/17/12 8:42 am - Canada
Hi there

I asked my doctor about the ear infection and she confirmed I didn't have one.   I was surprised they didn't do more blood test in St Pierre.  I will see her Monday and will check with er.
On  Aug 29th I went for a RNy and was feeling nausious and diahrea for the first 5 days.  On the 6th day, I remember saying to my neighbor in the next bed, funny fi rst day with out any si ck feeling.  I must have passed out at that time and next thing I saw was about 10 nurses and doctors around.  My staples had leaked and my body filled up with poisen.  They pumped out my stomach and sent me for another surgery to fix first problem.  A long incision down the centre of my stomach.    I was in ICU for about a week or week and a half.  Then they started refilling my body with blood transfusions, food, anti biotics and bags of milk products.    I am lactose intolerence so they thought I had a super bug since everything just went straight through me.   Finally my brother reminded them and then it made sense to them, why I was so sick.  i had been placed in isolation for 2 weeks.  Somehow the info was not transposed to the next department.

Its been a long rough road to recovery.   I am still very weak but my friend offered I could stay with her and St Pierrre hospital doesn't know much about diet with lactose intollerence.

When I got back to ICU, they delivered some balloons and flowers from the OH group and I thank you very much.  It was just another ray of hope and encouragement.

Thank  you so much for your emails and caring.  It meant alot to me.

I would like to come on the 30th and will need a ride from 3030 Pembina Hwy, if possible.

Thanks
Alvina
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/12 9:09 am
alvina,
 sorry but i am not going to the meet and greet this time.i have to work at my second job that night.any other time it would not have been a problem.i hope one of the others can help you out.i feel really bad that i cant help you out.
sondra
Most Active