For the Veteran VSG'ers

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/12/13 9:28 am - Pine Falls, Canada

Lately I have noticed I can eat much more than before. HOLY! Have any of you experienced this? It is kinda scary. I have to star****ching my portion sizes. 

Happy Mothers Day =)

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

notoriousgrannyD
on 5/12/13 2:02 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

I'm only 7 months out but I can definitely tell I can eat more.  My problem is mostly slider foods..... those I can consume in staggering amounts (think pre-surgey) and NONE of those sliders are something I should be having.  When I stay on track (which is most of the time laugh) with dense protein, I have great restriction, am full easy and stay that way, especially if I stick to the water rules.  Some days I think I am turning into a chicken breast.

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/13/13 3:22 am - Pine Falls, Canada

I am travelling north quite often and find it difficult to keep to routine. I can only drink Premier Protein shakes and can't take it because of the weight. I am pretty limited in what I can take. I also am on call most of the time as well, so I eat on the run. Also, I am not able to exercise like I would at home.

Well gotta be mindful of this. It is a struggle. 

Thanks for your input NVG. 

Sherry

Kokonut
on 5/14/13 9:56 am

I thought that too, just last week!! So I measured my food for a few meals to see how full I felt and if there was any left. Most meals were 1 cup to 1 cup and a half total.  Sliders, like popcorn I can eat a ton of, but I feel sick after a while so I don't do that so much. :)

I checked to see how many calories I am meant to eat to maintain vs lose and I was surprised! Some days I think I actually dont get enough food in! And some days..oy vey..too much too much. So I figure I will keep an eye on things, watch my appetite and carb intake and keep working out. I know if I quit working out I would not be a happy camper. :)

Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/14/13 10:00 am - Pine Falls, Canada

I will start measuring when I get home. I can't wait. I am sick of this northern stint. I want to be home for awhile. Errrr. We should get together soon. 

Sherry

Kokonut
on 5/19/13 9:24 am

YES!! let's get together soon!!  I am thinking I wanna see if I can go to that info session too.  The spring is killing me, I can't wait til everything is green and less pollen-y

Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

notoriousgrannyD
on 5/14/13 10:51 am
VSG on 10/16/12

are either of you ladies going to the Plastics info session on June 19th?  I have rearranged my appts so I can attend this (and I have a referal to plastics from Dr. Hardy on the 20th)  Apparently there is a coffee session after, you guys should try and make it on the 19th.... even if it's just for the coffee session.  The info session is at the Vic from 6-7 so just after that but I don't know where yet....... I am totally needing plastics

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/14/13 10:55 am - Pine Falls, Canada

I will try to get to the session. I was not aware there was one. I am just getting back from up north. Will definately try to make it. Thanks for the info.

Sherry

notoriousgrannyD
on 5/14/13 8:41 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

As a patient of the MB Bariatric program you should be getting emails inviting you to these sessions but maybe b/c you were done so long ago, you weren't on the list.  You will need to call the Vic and ask for the Bariatric Program and Amara will be able to sign you up for the session if you want to come, apparently there is limited space, but I think this is a good one for the vets, I am hoping they are going to talk about what the criteria is to be eligible for the pannectomy in MB and how much the costs are for other things.

Mrs.Jackatar
on 5/14/13 10:59 pm - Pine Falls, Canada

Will do. I shall call today.

Sherry

Most Active