Roll Call

Michelle_2975
on 6/30/13 11:00 pm - Canada

Hello! It has been a while since I have come to this site. There are so many new names and faces! My name is Michelle and I went for my rny Jan 2011. I would like to say

HI!

to everyone one out there!

I am also curious to see how many Manitoba peoples we have on here now.

A dream come true!

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/13 11:35 pm - Canada
I'm Linda and live in Winnipeg. I have to meet BMI criteria which is about 25/30Ibs away. I have lost 100 Ibs so far. I have mobility issues and use a power wheelchair. I love to crochet.
Michelle_2975
on 7/1/13 1:11 am - Canada

Hi Linda! Congratulations on the 100lb drop! I know that I could never have lost 100lbs without my surgery. It is nice to meet you :)

bjane
on 7/3/13 1:45 pm

Linda have you had your surgery yet I don't understand you have to meet the BMI.  How on earth did you loose 100 Lbs on your own with mobility issues.  Why would they not do the surgery?

Thanks Brenda

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/13 6:48 am - Canada
I was 479Ibs and I just did simple changes like, eat breakfast and not eat after 7-8pm also went swimming. I can walk but very limited. When my doc first sent in a referral to the clinic here, the BMI was 47, mine was over 60. Even though I had already lost 100 Ibs I still had another 80ibs to lose before I even met the BMI criteria. It was discouraging and i just decided to keep it up. My doctor told me that the criteria has been increased to 55 BMI. So it's doable now.
manitobamike
on 7/1/13 1:11 am, edited 7/1/13 1:17 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

I'm Mike and I live in Winnipeg. I'm enrolled in the Alberta Bariatric Surgery program as I did not meet the criteria for Manitoba's program at the time of referral. I too have some mobility issues and am awaiting hip replacement surgery. I've lost 65+ lbs since being accepted in Edmonton and am expecting to get my surgery date next week.

Its great to connect with other bariatric patients here in Manitoba... Hi to all!

Happy Canada Day!!

Michelle_2975
on 7/1/13 1:17 am - Canada

Hi Mike! It is awesome that you are going thru the Alberta program. Any program is better than no program :) and I've never heard anything about bad about Alberta. Good for you on losing 65+lbs! You must be getting really excited to get a surgery date. I remember when I got mine I was bouncing off the walls.

manitobamike
on 7/1/13 1:23 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

Thanks Michelle, I am but I'm also a little bit scared to be truthful. Its a big step and last time I had a surgery, things went wrong. I'm not a fan of hospitals but accept them as necessary.

Michelle_2975
on 7/1/13 1:34 am - Canada

I had never been for surgery before this one. I was so scared too!!!! I remember lying on the table waiting for the anaesthetist to do his stuff and saying to him, you better put me under before I get up and run away. No matter how scared I was at the time, I cried all the way to the OR, I will never regret getting this surgery :)

rainyone
on 7/1/13 1:38 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I am michelle and I had vsg in Mexico in April 2012 . I'm down over 100 lbs and working on the last 25 lbs 

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active