Plastic Surgery

TeashaLorna
on 8/30/13 3:58 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Well I saw Dr Izlur here in Winnipeg Yesterday. What a nice man, I felt very comfortable with him. I got an estimate from him for a full Abdominoplasty (fleur de lis) style and full arm lift that is from the elbow into and through the arm pit. It will cost me an extra $9900 on top of MB Health. I did not think that was to bad. It was considerably less that I thought. I was told by another PS in Wpg that my arms alone were $12000 minimum. 

I am now going to make a submission to my Health Care Insurance and see if they will cover any portion of the costs. I could get the surgery done mid Sep early Oct. I am thinking Oct looks like a good month to start wearing compression garments. But I will have to see first if I can get some help from Sun Life Insurance.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Dianne C.
on 8/30/13 6:34 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

If Manitoba Health is paying the portion for the panniculectomy, this seems pretty reasonable. I had heard brachioplasty (the arms) was about $4000. I've never checked into that myself. The fleur de lis is obviously a lot more complex than what I had. There is obviously not a long waiting list either, which is really good. Good luck!

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

notoriousgrannyD
on 8/31/13 12:53 am
VSG on 10/16/12
That seems to gel with what Dr. I gave me for numbers. He also gave me the members to the billing depth at the maples surgery center to confirm his estimate, which is where it would be done. His estimate was 3200 - 4000 for full tt withe mb health paint the panni portion. When I spoke to Ashley from Maples, she quoted me $5775 for the extra 2 hours it would take for the full tt. I'm not sure why there was such a discrepancy between their estimates but it was a little deflating for sure. Maybe. Dr. I is a little behind on these prices..... I don't know, but I would call them to confirm ( if you haven't already) so you don't end up with a shocker
. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
TeashaLorna
on 8/31/13 4:18 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Dr Islur did not give me the prices; he gave me Ashley's number at the Maples Clinic and I got them from her. He told me I would take an extra 3.5 hrs over what MB Health would pay for; so I am just paying for the time. I don't need any muscle reconstruct either; don't know if you do or how long he said your surgery would take; but maybe check with him again.

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active