Brachioplasty and Fleur de lis Tummy Tuck Update

TeashaLorna
on 1/15/14 12:25 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Good morning all,

I am mending well and my emotions are in check YIPPEE. I never would have thought that these surgeries would have affected me the way they did, but can now say I am glad for the experience.

As you are aware I had some complications early out, after the first six days I was rushed into emergency for internal bleeding, the PS rushed me into surgery and spent almost two hours looking for and finding the bleeder. My blood pressure is very low so my bleeder was only dripping rather than spurting. Then once home I developed an opening at the bottom of the anchor in my TT. I had that for three weeks and then last week my PS did another 45 minute surgery to remove the dead stuff, clean it up and closed the opening. All went very well with that surgery.

I am now seven weeks post op from the original date and feel fabulous. My arms healed wonderfully, I still have a couple of tiny spots of lumpy scar tissue but am massaging them and they are disappearing slowly just a little more stubborn than the rest of the arms. My tummy is flat and wonderful and cloths look great.

So the bottom line is would I do this again. "YOU BET IN A HEART BEAT".

Thank you so much to everyone here who has supported me through this and listened to my rants and cheered me on with understanding and compassion. Hugs to you all! Lorna

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Alvina300
on 1/15/14 1:38 am - Canada

Hi Lorna

Glad to hear you're doing better and you have been an inspiration to me especially in the exercise dept.  I am meeting a personal trainer on Monday and started going to the gym again

Take care

Alvina

notoriousgrannyD
on 1/15/14 3:23 am
VSG on 10/16/12

WTG Alvina!  Lorna is an inspiration to all, and with your rough start and your perseverance, you are too!   take care!

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Alvina300
on 1/15/14 6:55 am - Canada

Thanks Lorna

You are too, hope you have a wonderful holiday.   I'm going on a golfing trip to Palm Springs for 3 weeks so got to get my butt in gear!

Take care

Alvina

manitobamike
on 1/15/14 8:59 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/13

Congrats on mastering this latest challenge.  All the best Lorna!

Please keep passing on your WLS wisdom.

its-killen-me
on 1/16/14 2:50 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Hi Lorna,  I didn't have a clue any of this was happening.  Glad to hear you are on the mend.  Take care of yourself and don't over do the exercise.  Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Kjmollyo
on 1/17/14 11:54 am
RNY on 01/23/12

So glad to hear you are doing well...the worst is behind you now.  Enjoy the new you!  kj

Current Weight 118 lbs

TeashaLorna
on 1/18/14 6:48 am - Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada

Thanks all, I am feeling great and working out at the gym so on ward and up ward! 

Dr Ponce de Leon Mexico     VSG 4 Jun 12. I lost 57 lbs on my own before having a VSG. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Most Active