Dr. Magnuson or Schweitzer - Johns Hopkins Center for Bariatric Surgery - What was your...

kago16
on 7/13/11 5:07 am - central pa, PA
Dr. Magnuson or Schweitzer - Johns Hopkins Center for Bariatric Surgery - What was your experience?

Please share you experiences with these Dr's i recently relocated and im looking to use one of them as my new Dr.

Please also share negative experiences as well if any....

Thanks!

370/255/150---High/current/goal

HEATHER J.
on 7/30/11 1:26 pm - Church Hill, MD
Dr. Magnuson was my surgeon....my suergy was 2 years ago. I LOVED him....he was great with explaining everything and had a great bedside manner....I couldnt have found a better doctor!

Starting weight 301 Current weight 127

No Matter How I May Change, I Will Still Be ME!!!!

Kat Kat
on 7/31/11 5:28 pm - AZ
Dr. Magnuson was my surgeon and I think he did an excellent job. I'm 3 1/2 months out and have not had any complications and so far feel great. He was patient and answered all my questions. He has a PA named Pat Jordan who is great to deal with as well.

waitinggame
on 8/4/11 3:27 am - Bowie, MD
I had Dr. Schweitzer. No bedside manner at all but pioneered the lap RNY, so an excellent surgeon. I only saw him at the preop visit and surgery day anyway, so bedside didn't much matter to me. Dr. Steele trained under Schweitzer and is also excellent. She's tough and very serious about following the rules and getting the most out of the process. She did my best friends RNY. Like her a lot!

Good luck! 

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1851 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2801 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4016 views