Just saying hi (lap band in PG County)

Thundergrrrl
on 11/8/11 10:53 pm
Hi everyone,

I have not been actve on here here ages. I hope everyone has been doing well! I should probably make more real life contacts for support and stuff, though my life is so busy and most of the time I don't even think about my band, it's just become a part of me.

I met a small group of people in Baltimore nearly 2 years ago right when I had my surgery. I would love to catch up. Say hi sometime!

Ellen

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

rhidunn
on 11/8/11 11:22 pm - Annapolis, MD
Hi back Ellen!  Pretty horse!

I would love to try and put together some kind of get together for Maryland folk -- maybe not a regular thing but every one and a while.  The OH conference in NY was my first "group" event of any kind and it was definately interesting to be around a group of WLS folk -- totally different experience.   

Thundergrrrl
on 11/8/11 11:30 pm
Hey! I always had trouble finding people in MD who aren't an hour or more away from me. I live in Bowie and would definitely go to Annapolis or crofton or something to meet.  I have several family members who are 5+ years post RNY but other than that I live on a WLS island, population: me. I notice the longterm RNYers I know don't eat the same as I still have to and plan on having to forever.

rhidunn
on 11/9/11 10:47 pm - Annapolis, MD
I met someone on the plastics board that is from Bowie too and she has a friend in the area -- i think they are both rny so between us we would have the full spectrum of WLS covered.  We had already talked about trying to hook up.  I am going to be out of commission for a few weeks - having plastics next Thursday but I will put out a few time/place options and see if we can't get something together.  

Thundergrrrl
on 11/10/11 12:07 am
Sounds great. Good luck on your PS. Keep us updated on the plastics board! I am recovering from my TT in alabama with my family so I won't be back till early december probably. :(

Joy B.
on 11/16/11 9:59 pm - MD
RNY on 06/04/12
I live in Suitland and would love to come to an event.

Back2FabulousIn09
on 12/6/11 7:22 am
Hello All,

I am in Laurel and would love to participate.  I really haven't discussed my surgery at all and would love to be apart or a positive experience.  Still trying to reeach goal but its so hard alone.  Please keep me posted. Thanks!
kimberlina180
on 12/9/11 3:07 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with

Do you ever go to bingo in Laurel? It's epic.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1856 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2806 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4022 views