Pre-op Journey

Diana C.
on 5/22/03 2:24 am - Bowdoinham, ME
Hi, I am from Bowdoinham. I am almost through the screening process. I have my gallbladder ultrasound on Tuesday. I had my psych eval on May 12. Dr Aslam's office should have the results of that by the end of next week. I am getting anxious now. I just hope that after all my paperwork is ready and submitted to the insurance I don't have a problem getting approved. I will be attending my first pre-op support meeting on Thursday, May 29. I am nervous and excited about this all at the same time. I have talked to one other person from Bowdoinham who had WLS in February. I have not met here yet and I don't know if she attends the support group meetings. I would like to ask her to attend with me, but I have only spoken to her on the phone once and e-mailed correspondence back and forth a few times. I am so glad I found this message board. Much Success to all who have crossed to the other side of the journey and best wishes to those like myself. Diana C
Helen K.
on 5/26/03 3:48 pm - Wiscasset, ME
Hi Diana...I am also pre-op...I've had all my evals done and I am just waiting for the dr's office to recieve all the reports...I live in Edgecomb and I also will be attending my first meeting on the 29th....I am anxious to have my surgery and to feel good again....I am very encouraged about this surgery...Someone I know in Boothbay Harbor had the same surgery done and she feels great and looks wonderful...I know things will go well...Maybe we will meet at the meeting...Sincerely Helen Koehling
TX M.
on 5/27/03 1:37 pm - Tx
I am not a patient of Dr Aslams but live near Augusta. I will be going to the support meeting on the 29th, I hope to meet all of you there. I hate doing anything alone so this will be a major undertaking for me to show up and go in. LOL I always said I had children so I never had to do anything alone. Hmmmm, maybe my son will go with me. ***Grins
Most Active