my date june 19th , dr clough

melissa K.
on 6/11/03 3:00 pm - howland, me
im excited siked nervouse and happy all in one.. its gonna be great to start my new life after surgery .. wish me luck... melissa
Jo Ann B.
on 6/11/03 3:46 pm - South Berwick, ME
Hi Melissa! I am SO excited for you, Melissa! Congratulations on your date! I sure do wish you luck, and you will be in my prayers! Please keep posting so I can follow your progress. I had my second consult today and will receive my date in the mail within the week. Sounds like good news, but, Dr. Cobean told me to expect CIGNA to put off making their decision for 30 days, then he said they will most likely reject my claim, and then reject my follow up appeal too. It seems this is how CIGNA is working lately. But no one really knows what they DO want, because they won't specify up front - they just deny. I have been on this journey for over two years now. I first attened an informational meeting at with Dr. Cobean's group at MMC in May of 2001. I can hardly think of waiting another year while on a supervised medical weight loss program, which is what Dr. Cobean says CIGNA seems to be asking for this week... that wouldn't be a big problem for me as I have been seeing my Dr. and working with a Diabetes Educator on weight loss, but CIGNA seems to require monthly weigh-in's, and I see my Dr. every 3 months, not monthly. I just don't get it - it is public knowledge that 98% of diets fail. That's kind of why we are all in this boat... Sorry to pee on your parade - I am trying to stay positive. My little girl could tell that I was sad tonight and when she asked me why I explained to her that the surgery I was hoping to have to make me better might take another year of waiting. She told me, "Don't worry Mom, your day will come." From the mouths of babes... I am TRULY thrilled for you, Melissa, and I send you lots of luck, love and prayers. Jo Good luck and Prayers to you Melissa!
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/03 1:47 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Melissa, The 19th is my anniversary. I will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing how great everything went. Lynda
Most Active