Im a LOSER!

PammieC
on 6/30/03 8:46 am - Biddeford, Me
I wanted to post and let you all know Im home and doing very well. Thanks for all the support, and emails. Jennifer.. thanks for the email about the gas. I thought it had all passed but today I noticed a little bit of pain from it. Not enough to have to take anything though. Are you doing well? I cannot express the graditude to everyone about the support. I spoke to one of the nurses at the hospital and she said that the newer patients are more and more ready, knowledgable, and prepared for this surgery. I explained to her that the support groups, the information on the net and research were a major factor. I also told her God had the biggest hand in my recovery while there. My Husband stayed with me while I was in the hospital. Luckily we didnt have to pay extra for a private room, but it your partner stays they try to tell you that they cant unless your in a private room. Just to let you know, I also heard that they try to place bariatric patients in a private room. Gerry was a wonderful supporter, and was with me every step of the way. I made him leave a few times to get some R and R from me. Hes a real darling. I love him so much! He made my stay so much more comfortable. Keep up the good work and god bless you all! Love and Hugs...Pammie
Jo Ann B.
on 6/30/03 9:18 am - South Berwick, ME
Pammie, I am so excited for you! It sounds like you are doing great! I will go into surgery better prepared thanks to AMOS members like you who fill me in on your own experiences. A BIG thank you for taking the time to do so! Sending prayers and wishes for your continued success! Love, Jo
jen091172
on 6/30/03 9:40 am - Surry, ME
That's great you are doing to well Pammie!!! I thought the gas had all passed too till that second day home and it did get worse before it got better. But you will do great!! i think I'm doing really well pammie. I'm down 18 pounds and have been swimming twice and have been driving again since Friday.
TX M.
on 6/30/03 1:43 pm - Tx
Yeah Pammie!!! I thought I was going to have to come looking for you if you didnt post soon!! I am so glad things went well for you and dh was with you. My DH wants to stay the entire time too, but it will depend on the room and on how my mom is doing with the kids. Can't wait to hear some more details! hugssssssssssssssssssssss Theresa
Most Active