pre-op visit was great!

TX M.
on 7/3/03 3:01 am - Tx
DH and I went to Bangor to see Dr Clough for my last visit before the 15th, all went great. He had another doctor with him, he said an associate I believe, maybe they are going to add another surgeon to the practice? That would be great for so many of us MO's out there that are waiting to have surgery. Dr Clough re-assured me about the epidural. I didn't know it went in a different area then where a spinal does. I found that interesting. He said when I get to the hospital to let them know if I am "wound" up and they would take care of me. LOL DRUGS!!! It is the only time anyone hears me saying I LOVE DRUGS. lol He said that all that evaluated me feel I will be a sucsess and get to goal. That made me feel good but the doubting side of me wondered "does he say that to everyone?" He held my hand in both of his(I like how he isnt afraid to touch in showing he cares) and said that the fact my BMI is not too high, my lack of co-morbs and my positive attitude he is sure all will go great on the 15th. THAT was the perfect thing to say to me. As he was leaving I told him to get lots of sleep the night before, he laughed and said he would. What anxiety I might have been starting to feel is gone. I might even be getting a bit excited.
Jo Ann B.
on 7/3/03 4:22 am - South Berwick, ME
Hi Theresa! Sounds like you have a wonderful doctor! Dr. Clough must be a really nice man; how kind of him to reassure you in the way he did. I like touching too : ) I am glad you are feeling better about the epidural. I am hooked on TLC - and women get them all the time for C-sections on A Birth Story and Maternity Ward. The women don't react badly at all - I think it's one of those things that sounds much worse than it really is - like having a tooth drilled! Thanks for the update. When is your vacation? Hope you have a great time! Love, Jo
Most Active