Can anyone help me??

Samantha M.
on 8/6/03 10:54 am - North Waterboro, ME
Hello everyone. First of all let me say how happy I am that we have a place to come to for support and information. I need some information about Dr. Cobean. I have been on his waitlist for over a year now and I will not be getting in for my first appointment until January. How long does it take from your first appt. with Dr. Cobean until your surgery date?? Right now I have a choice with going with Dr. Cobean or going with Dr. Toder up in Bangor. They can perform my surgery around February if CIGNA approves. I would prefer to have it done in Portland though because I can have it done laproscopically rather than open plus I only live 45 minutes away from Portland rather than the 3 hour drive to Bangor. I have a 15 month old little girl and I just want to get started with my life again, to be a better mother. If any of you have gone through Dr. Cobean, can you tell me how long your surgery date was after your initial appt. Thank you. Samantha Moore
TX M.
on 8/6/03 11:02 am - Tx
I can't tell you about the wait with Dr Cobean but I can say Dr Toder is an excellent surgeon and she does OPEN and Lap RNY. I live near Augusta and had her partner Dr Clough. They are wonderful and the care I received was the best I have ever had. Good luck with which ever surgeon you chose.
Jo Ann B.
on 8/6/03 9:09 pm - South Berwick, ME
Hi Samantha! My wait to see Dr. Cobean was little over one year. Although the wait was more than frustrating, I feel he was well worth it. My lap Roux-en-Y was ten days ago, and I feel fantastic - honest! : ) If you want to email me your phone number, I would be happy to phone you and talk to you about my MANY reasons for choosing, and sticking with Dr. Cobean. We could also talk about CIGNA, and what you can do to be prepared. They are my insurance company also, and they are one of the toughest. Hang in there, Honey, there is an end in sight!
KelleyS
on 8/6/03 10:00 pm - Mapleton, Me
Samantha. Your wait seems quite lengthy. I don't think the wait for Dr. Clough or Dr. Toder are quite that long. From what I am hearing, people are moving along within a few months, but of course there is insurance approval along the way. Bangor has recently hired two more surgeons on board so they are hoping there is minimal waiting in the future. I have not yet had surgery but I am hoping to have mine before the harsh weather sets in but no matter how long my wait.... I know it will be well worth it!! Good Luck... Kelley Shurley
Denise V.
on 8/7/03 12:26 am - Westbrook, ME
Hi Samantha! I too waited 15 months for my first appointment with Dr. Cobean. My first appointment with him was August 5, 2002 and my surgery date was October 3, 2002. I have to say, I would wait for Dr. Cobean just for the simple fact that if you do have any issues, it would be much easier with the 45 minute drive than the 3 hours. If you want you can give me a call and I will answer any questions. E-mail me for the number!
Most Active