Waiting waiting waiting

Erika S.
on 8/12/03 2:22 am - Buckfield, ME
Uggh! I'm just waiting til I find out about the insurance. I really wish I knew when and if they've submitted the paperwork yet, some may thing I'm nagging for a surgery date but for me it's more of a practical nature. Not only do I not check my mail daily (often once a week or less) but I've got a PO Box and therefore letters and such don't come directly to my house. I just wish there was a way to know....... I don't want to bother the office, nor give the impression that they aren't doing anything FAR FROM that they are so busy that they've had to reserve 1 day a week just to do the paperwork process and file the papers for insurance. I certainly don't envy them that, but again... I just wish........ I am not a very patient person and had assumed that if I did most of the nitty gritty of evals and bloodwork that it was all down hill from there and approval would be only 1 month away, I'm not certain but I don't think it's been submitted yet...... guess I had unrealistic views of the process. Thanks for letting me vent a little maybe vent isn't the word cause I'm not mad just tired of not knowing anyway thanks none the less.~Erika
Jo Ann B.
on 8/12/03 5:08 am - South Berwick, ME
Hi Erika, I can harldy beleive - just one month ago - I was exactly where you're at - now I am two weeks post-op! Hang in there, keep busy, practice some post-op things while you wait - like not drinking with your meals, putting your fork down between bites, eating very s l o w l y . . . Try to up your exercise a bit - deep breathing exercises are a good idea to expand your lungs - bottom line - hang in - your day is coming!
kilpatcin
on 8/13/03 3:08 pm - Bangor, ME
Hi Erika, I called my insurance company direct, I asked if they had received any paperwork from my Surgeon's office and what the status was. I found out that it was denied because of a coding error. With that info I was able to let my surgeon's office know, & they had the appeal with corrections ready for when they received the denial. I was approved 2 weeks after original paperwork was submitted. I had my surgery 6/20 and am down approx 45 lbs now. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to the lighter side. ~ Cindy
Most Active