My new dilemma....

Helen K.
on 8/20/03 7:44 am - Wiscasset, ME
Well I thought I was ready for approval...NOT....My psychiatrist,whom I use on a regular basis for another reason didn't do the report right...He doesn't do MMP reports...Now I gave him the guidelines off the website and he said to me, " I've done these reports for this type of surgery before and you don't need an MMP report"...I said ok you know what your doing....Surprise..I needed one after all...Well I called the 3 dr's on the list that Dr Aslam gives you and 2 of them didn't have appts til November or December....I started to cry...I called the last one and she said well the way we work is, I put you on a list and within 2 to 3 weeks we will call you 2 days before we have the appt available for you....I have no set date, I just have to wait to hear from them....I am completely discouraged...I don't think this is meant for me to have....I've lost weight but not as much as I thought I did....It just seems this is something that is not meant for me.If I don't hear something from the other psychiatrist that's it i'm done. I don't now what else to do....Helen
AliciaY
on 8/24/03 11:49 am - Rumford, ME
Helen, NEVER give up.. Call them at least every couple of days , ask the offices if you can be put on a cancelation list.. That way if anyone cancels out early and you bug them enough they will get you in.. But never Give up.. This surgery doesn't come to you you have to go after it...
Most Active