Recent Posts

micbrook
on 4/19/10 2:09 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Topic: RE: Plastics
I  am looking  that far ahead too  i would of  thought about it this year but we are going away this summer and it is a hard surgery  to heal from so  i want to go  away lol.

I also work for a school department  and summer is the best time for me too.  

take care

Chootles
on 4/19/10 2:01 am - Bangor, ME
Thanks! I will talk to them at my 18 month check up. I still have about 10 more pounds to lose to be at my personal goal. I also want to be sure I can maintain my weight for awhile before doing any surgery. My goal is to have it next June (2011) I work at a school so I have the summer to recover. I know that is a long way off but I figured I better start planning now. I need to find a surgeon, see about financing it and all that good stuff.

*15lbs lost before surgery    
micbrook
on 4/19/10 1:12 am - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
hi

Talk with toders office their new surgeon   does plastics and they also recommend

Schassberger Donald L MD

at maine plastic surgery in  Waterville

i   havent   gotten to a weight that i  want to be  and i know that exercise is my problem  but i am working on that.   I  just love exercise. lol

take care you are doing great!!!!

Chootles
on 4/19/10 12:47 am - Bangor, ME
Topic: Plastics
Hi there! I have decided that I definetly do want to get a tummy tuck and maybe breast work. I am looking for a plastic surgeon and wonder if any of you who have had plastics can share your experience and or pictures with me. Also the name of your surgeon if you would recommend them. I live in Bangor but don't mind traveling as far as Portland if needed. Thanks!

*15lbs lost before surgery    
diznygirl
on 4/19/10 12:05 am - Farmingdale, ME
Topic: RE: I'm overweight!!! Yay!!!
Yahoo!  That's awesome!  You're on your way to normal!
Deidra

mome23kjnc
on 4/18/10 10:42 pm
Topic: RE: is it crazy
thanks ladies. I made the mistake of watching youtube videos of "surgery, hanging skin" eek.LOL I swear, I sabotage myself sometimes. Thanks for being here to talk me down.
judimusic
on 4/18/10 8:27 pm
 I have lost 93 lbs and to be honest, I have some saggy skin, but mine is really not too bad.  i have some bat wings and my thighs are a little flabby, but even without clothes, I really can't tell. My skin has been fairly elastic, but I also have never bore children and have not gone through menopause.   I have also been toning 3 times a week from 8 weeks out.  (I am 6 months out) I think all of those things make a huge difference.

I can tell you, though, that even if I did have baggy skin, it would absolutely be worth the trade off to have my health and be able to do so many more things now that I could have 93 lbs ago.
 (18 lbs lost in pre-surgery program)

micbrook
on 4/18/10 7:42 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
I  am  alot older than you and i had  saggy skin after i had my children so i dont have great  elasticity.

I  have learned to accept the saggies and it does hide well.  I am a great advocate for taking  a   nekkid picture of yourself so that in the end you can look back and say  oh my that was horrible  i can live with this saggy skin.  Being younger you have a good chance of some of   it going back.  I had a friend who lost  150 pounds and was very lucky she did not need plastic surgery.  I am saving  for mine.   I want to lose at least another  20 pounds before i do tho.  

Good luck on your journey. 

micbrook
on 4/18/10 7:14 pm - Clifton, ME
RNY on 11/21/07 with
Topic: RE: I'm overweight!!! Yay!!!
Woo hoo you are doing great!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
judimusic
on 4/18/10 2:04 pm
Topic: I'm overweight!!! Yay!!!
 BMI as of this morning is 29.9.  I am no longer obese.  I AM OVERWEIGHT!!!!!  YAY!!!!!!
 (18 lbs lost in pre-surgery program)

Most Active