Surgery with Dr. Ponce De Leon

Erica2666___
on 3/2/14 5:43 am - medford, NY

So I am hoping to have the surgery at the end of this month. What should I be doing now until my surgery? Also what should I pack with me? I have a long flight home to NY.

Thank you

Donnamars
on 3/3/14 4:43 am

Hi I had My Surgery With Dr. Ponce last year, and well he is amazing... as of what you should pack I suggest to you....

Lip balm, Chaps tick

IPAD or Laptop ther is WI-FI in the hospital

Slippers or flip flops.Book, Magazines.

Gas X – Strips.

Comfy clothes, Yoga Plants, Cotton Shirt and Sweater.

PRE–OP INSTRUCTIONS

Dr. Jaime Ponce de Leon requires 3 days of Yogurt and Water only prior to surgery.

If you`d like to jump start your diet, you may start one or two weeks prior with a light or Low-Fat diet. Stay away from fried foods. You can do all liquids, Jell-O’s, Protein drinks, Cream soups, Skim milks, Fruits, Veggies, Chicken Salads, and Fish. Avoid or limit your salt intake. Limiting your salt intake will keep you from swelling after surgery. STOP SMOKING, NO ASPARINS OR BLOOD THINNERS, NO COFFEE.

Remember you have to start fasting at least 10 hrs.

Prior to surgery. We suggest that at 10PM the evening before, you must not eat or drink anymore. This is in order to prepare your system for blood work and the EKG.

After your surgery we will provide you with personalized care, Post Op Diet, needed medications and Goodie bag.

This Information was all send to me form WLS4 Better Life (TRISH) She Helped me with every thing though emai: [email protected] and Phone: 661-886-4617

She is amazing and all her team, as well as Dr. Ponce I Thank them so very much!! 

I Hope this Info. Helps you as well and congrads on your jorney :) !! 

Erica2666___
on 3/3/14 7:07 am - medford, NY

Thank you very much

Mary C.
on 3/4/14 10:22 pm - Glovertown, Canada

Hi there - my husband has VSG with Dr. Joya in May of last year. We live in Newfoundland, Canada. We overnighted in Newark on the way down and on the way back. It is a fairly long flight as you said. Bring a small pillow on board with you - dress in REALLY comfy clothes for your flight, get up and walk every hour during the flight - even if you don't need to visit the washroom - just go in and wash your hands - just to move around. And of course make sure you stay hydrated - nothing like travelling and flying to dehydrate you. Best of luck! 

Mary

alritie2
on 3/31/14 2:05 pm

hi Erica, i too am considering Dr. Ponce or Dr. A Ortiz. They both seem very good. I had a friend that actually used Dr. Ramos-Kelly he is very good. Please keep us posted. I am ready, just deciding on the doctor now. 

Erica2666___
on 4/1/14 6:45 am - medford, NY

Hi so I did the surgeryand all went well. I had my gall bladder taken out at the same time as well. So afterwards I was more painful. Go wih dr ponce him and his team were great.the coordinator Trish was also awesome she went above and beyond for eveything.  I heard bad things about Dr.Kelly. Soo i dont know. I was in thhe nice area of tijiuana. Hospital nice, hotel nice friendly and warm. Also the whole team was great.

alritie2
on 4/2/14 1:05 pm

Hi Erica2666___ I hope all went well for you. Would you mind sharing your experience with Dr. Ponce De Leon? Bedside manner, did you have pain, did they help you or offer medication when you did experience pain, are the sutures dis-solvable? Any information is much appreciated.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 285 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 468 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1074 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1645 views