Sitting here in Tijuana...

MaybeAmy
on 4/22/14 5:24 pm
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Of course I can't sleep the night before surgery! I m nervous, scared, but also so ready to be done with this part!

NatalieE
on 4/23/14 3:17 am
with

Hi!  I just had mine done one week ago today with Dr. Lopez in Puerto Vallarta.  Everything went really well.  I really liked him, he was kind and gentle.  It's gonna be okay. I wasn't nervous until the night before either and then started second guessing myself, but it's worth it.  I hope you have a good experience with Dr. Lopez like I did!  Hang in there. 

Just one note of caution, you may be waiting a while when you go to the hospital tomorrow.  I had to be there at 7am for a 9am surgery....I got taken down at noon.  My friend who came with me asked the doctor, "Are you familiar with the term "Mexican time"?" and the doc laughed and said, "Oh yes, it is very common here."  Just bring a good book or something to read.

Best of luck.

MaybeAmy
on 4/23/14 3:28 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Thank you! Glad to hear about your good experience with dr lopez :) I'm just waiting at the hotel for pick up now.

jinx0323
on 4/23/14 3:43 am

If u r still sitting their make sure that u have ur paperwork in hand when u walk into the hospital not in ur luggage that the porter brings up. I had my paperwork and was the only one so I went first for everything. I know for me not having to waitaround was better for my nerves

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 2:20 am - Stirling, Canada

Hi I've been tossing the idea of going to Mexico for surgery only befouled of the price. I've discussed this with my family dr. An she was worried about the condition of the surgery an of the hospital. An how has your recovery been?? Please I'm seeking info. Thank you I hope all is well with you. 

NatalieE
on 4/30/14 3:03 am
with

Hi, I did it with Dr. Lopez in Puerto Vallarta and could not have been more impressed with the hospital facilities and staff.  I've had multiple surgeries (hips, knees, thyroid, etc) in the states and never received the attention/attention to detail that I received in the hospital there.  Everything was brand new.  Everything was clean, which was my major concern since I've had staph infection w/a previous surgery here.  I've never had someone clean my room the way they did at the hospital in Puerto Vallarta.  Usually here it's just a quick mop in your room.  There, they mopped your room, cleaned your bathrooms, sanitized the sinks, counters, door knobs, etc.  They were meticulous about changing and making your bed just so.  When you called for a nurse, they came.  No waiting around for things that you needed. 

Dr Lopez and his staff were wonderful.  They were kind and answered any questions you had.  I really liked them.

As for recovery, this was a major concern of mine (having had infections w/surgery before).  I'm 16 days out and have had no issues at all.  All of my incisions have healed closed, I'm not in pain and everything is going according to how it is supposed to go. 

I spent only one night in the hospital and was walking around like crazy the rest of the time I was there...after all, I wanted a vacation too :).  I was able to walk a lot after surgery.  At night though, after settling down I got sore until I started moving the next day.  I think it was just everything settling after being on the move.

Well, I hope this helps.  If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Philbrow1
on 4/30/14 5:10 am - Stirling, Canada

Thank you for your response I appreciate your time.

hltabbs
on 4/30/14 12:30 pm - Logansport, IN

I really am interested in knowing more about your procedure, experience, financial end as well and how to go about this whole process if you are willing to share.

ywgchick
on 4/23/14 11:32 am
VSG on 05/08/14

How did it go? How are you feeling?

MaybeAmy
on 4/24/14 2:46 am
VSG on 04/23/14 with

Surgery went well, I went back about 4:30 and came back out about 7:30. Yesterday was pretty rough but today is a lot better!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 307 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 492 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1089 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1660 views