Dr. Acevas on May 26th! Anyone in Mexicali next week?

worldtraveler
on 5/19/14 10:15 pm - Denver, CO

I'm finally getting sleeved on May 26th-flying in the 25th for pre-op tests. Will anyone else be in Mexicali at Almater with Acevas? 

Imacatlvr2
on 5/31/14 11:37 pm - Albuquerque, NM

How are you doing since getting your sleeve on the 26th?  Hope you are recovering well.

worldtraveler
on 6/3/14 10:49 pm - Denver, CO

Thanks for asking!

Mixed...I had a hiatal hernia repair, so I am still on clear liquids until the 10th of June. I pulled a muscle when I got home from doing too much (walking 2 miles/day and lifting groceries)and now am unable to walk much due to the pain. I was sent home from surgery with some mild aspirin type pain reliever that did NOTHING for the pain. Was really unprepared for the pain/recovery.

I'm sure it will get better, but as of now, I am not happy with the rough recovery. I am in contact with the doctor's office (in Mexico). If it gets unbearable, I will go to my PCP here.

Imacatlvr2
on 6/4/14 2:20 am - Albuquerque, NM

To much too soon makes for a long recovery....  Try and take it easy.  Is the Dr. Aceves good about your followup calls?

I hope your pain eases up and you feel better soon. 

worldtraveler
on 6/4/14 11:47 pm - Denver, CO

Thank you, I do feel much better today. Dr. Acevas's office advised me to go to the doctor to check my symptoms out-ended up at the ER last night. I had loads of testing, including X-Rays and chest/abdomen CT's to look for blood clots and see my new stomach/staples/stitches. All is well! I was sent home with liquid pain killer and finally got a restful night's sleep.

I can follow up with him via email, but it's not really necessary once you get home in the US. All your care will be done through your PCP and doctors here. 

Imacatlvr2
on 6/6/14 3:47 am - Albuquerque, NM

Glad to see that you are feeling better and all is well with that new tummy!

Take care

worldtraveler
on 6/6/14 11:36 am - Denver, CO

Thank you so much! What a process!

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 315 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 501 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views