Boring Financial Question for Mexico patients

CdngirlinNC
on 7/2/14 10:45 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if there were additional taxes added to the amount you were originally quoted for your surgery in Mexico?  Also was anyone charged a 3% "transaction fee" for paying with a credit card?  Just trying to get my ducks in a row for surgery in Tijuana on Monday and I'm getting confusing information from the patient coordinator I'm using.

Thanks.

VSG 07/07/14

Eggface
on 7/4/14 12:27 am, edited 7/4/14 12:27 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I paid by cashier's check for all 3 surgeries I had (RNY 2006, plastics 2007, 2008) Sorry. I can see a transaction fee for CC's being charged that sounds about what most merchants are charged... "taxes" seems odd.

Best wishes in your medical tourism experience.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

CdngirlinNC
on 7/4/14 1:16 am

Thanks Shelly - yes it's been interesting dealing with the business side of my surgeon's office.  A little disorganized and not good communicators.  I was just notified yesterday that an additional 3% would be added if I used a credit card (which I had planned to do) or I could use a cashiers cheque and avoid that.  Unfortunately it was the last banking day for me before I leave and Hurricane Arthur was roaring through (I'm in coastal NC) so it was impossible to get a cashiers cheque.  Oh well, it's really a small matter in the grand scheme of things and I'm just trying to let it roll off me - bigger fish to fry in my life right now!  I'm a business person though and a business owner and it just irks me to see shoddy business practises at play and calling a transaction fee a tax is unheard of! Deep breath!

VSG 07/07/14

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 278 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 462 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1071 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1639 views