I need some advice!!

marcetta
on 1/1/06 5:55 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Hey Angels, It's been awhile. I have been doing okay. I had to go in for a scope on Dec 22nd, and Dec 31st. I haven't been able to keep anything down. I can eat some foods now, I drink my water, and get some of my protein in, and before you know it, it all comes back up!! It's getting very stressfull for me right now. My doctor asked have I been exercising, and I told him no. He told me that right now, I'm loosing muscle, and that's not good. I take my vitamins everyday, I am so tired, and weak, I don't know what's going on with me right now. I get nauseated and have to sit or lie down. I was on medicine for the nausea, but my doctor told me to stop taking it, because it was giving me bad cramps. My surgery was Nov 28th. I weighed in at 323 lbs, I'm now down to 292. Does anyone have any advice for trying to keep anything down? or exercising without getting dizzy that I almost pass out? I know the losing muscle is a bad thing, but I don't know what else to do! Marcetta
Somewhereinmacom
b

on 1/1/06 8:00 am - Sterling Heights, MI
All you need to do right now is walk. You need protien so bad. I'm thinkin you will probably have to experiement with some to see if you get neauseated. I'm so sorry that you are having such a hard time. Blessings, Michelle
Beth
on 1/1/06 9:29 am - Ionia, MI
Just try to keep things slow but steady. You do need to walk, even a little bit for a few minutes, then do it again a little later. Don't try to go a lot all at once, maybe that will help as far as the dizziness goes. As far as the nausea, maybe try to take things a little less at a time but more often for awhile and see if that helps, you are still adapting to things and your body is going through a lot. As far as the scopes and not keeping things down, I went through that about 5 or 6 times, it to will pass. Hand in there and don't get discouraged. Exercise and protein are the main factors right now especially, you maybe just need to adjust and try some of these different ways of getting it all in. Take care and God Bless. Beth
marcetta
on 1/1/06 10:28 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Michelle H, & Beth L thanks for the the advice, I will walk a little at a time, and I will try to get as much protein down as I can, but very slowly. I've already had 2 scopes, and I don't want anymore. I'm tired of feeling so sick to my stomach. I will hang in there. Thank you both so very much for your info. God bless you!! Take Care Marcetta
PamRR
on 1/1/06 11:07 am - Paw Paw, MI
Marcetta: Can you lay on your side and do leg raises? The butt and the legs are the biggest muscles in you body, so working them, even while laying down will help. (AND you can't fall down from a laying down position like you could if you go walking.) Or, you could lay on your back and peddle your feet in the air. Maybe that kind of exercise will be safer than taking a chance on falling with the dizziness. Keep trying those little tiny cuplets they gave us in the hospital for the protein. Maybe by doing it an ounce at a time will allow you to get it in and through your pouch. Did they find anything with the scopes, was there a stricture? I know one of the girls had to have the scope to open her stricture 4 or 5 times before it stayed open. I know you are struggling, sweetie, please try to get in the liquids so you don't dehydrate! Love, Pam
sue wentworth
on 1/1/06 11:43 am - bay city, MI
Hello there , I've wondered where you have been! So sorry to hear your not feeling well .Remember what I said before just take it slow! Sip the water. Being you can't exercise to much sit in a chair & lift weights or soup can's you don't have to do many just start off with 5 or so just build up when you feel you can handle it .Are you eatting with baby spoons & slowly ! Its a must .Just keep telling yourself you have come to far to give up your going to make it .Keep your chin up God bless sue
Lizzie_B
on 1/2/06 8:31 am - Jackson, MI
Hi Marcetta! I went through some very similar experiences, especially my first 3 months, they started talking about doing a scope, but I found that working with the nutritionist at my surgeon's office was the key. Devora went over everything with me. We changed my eating and drinking schedule around, amounts, and we changed my protein drink twice. The first one I was using was too thick and making me very nauseous. The next one I tried was too thin, and not sticking with me. Our final try has been exactly right for my body (sort of like Goldilocks!). I was still taking quite a few medications, and working a new schedule for them helped immensely, along with my vitamins. So, if you have a nutritionist at your disposal, see if they can help you juggle things around so your pouch can handle all that you are needing to get in! We're all different and your body is in total shock right now trying to figure out what's going on and how to work with your new tool. Take care, you'll work it out! Lizzie B
Most Active
Recent Topics