Question about my pouch.

Sheryl
on 1/1/06 1:34 pm - Kalamazoo Area, MI
Ok, back in the pre-pouch days, we eat, the stomache acids churn the foods and break them down and they move on into the intestional tract. Now, we move the pulverized food into our pouch but without the churning, what moves it into the intestines. Or simply put, how does the food move out of our pouch? Sheryl In the Zoo
cahortz
on 1/1/06 8:54 pm - Charlotte, MI
Sheryl you may have seen posts talking about "foam". I don't know if you've had any issues with being sick at all - but I have, and what has actually come up is this "foam" or flemmy substance I have seen people post about. This is what is in the pouch and pushes things on through. This was info from my p.a. during one of my post-op visits. That may be more information than you were looking for - but I hope it helped answer your question. Carla
Sheryl
on 1/1/06 10:34 pm - Kalamazoo Area, MI
Hi Carla. Nope, no nausea or foamies and I didn't realize that this "substance" was what was in there moving things along. So much to learn yet.... thanks! Sheryl In the Zoo
Theresa W.
on 1/1/06 10:54 pm - Northern Lower, MI
I understand there to be some stomach acids that secrete when we eat, not much, but some. Then I beleive it might be just plain old gravity that moves it down...then of course when it meets the "Y", the old stomach acids meet the food and digest the rest of the way out. As you can see, I'm not in the medical field, so my description leaves alot to be desired! So that's my uneducated guess! Theresa ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT REALLY KNOWS, PLEASE ANSWER!
Annette L.
on 1/2/06 1:49 am - Farmington Hills , MI
That's a very good question Sheryl! Now if someone has a very good answer we would be all set. Dr.Phillips, What do you have to say about this? God bless you, Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics