Question-Henry Ford & Paperwork

kimberwhit66
on 1/1/06 3:49 pm - Davison, MI
Hi everyone and Happy New Year!!! I just have a question for those of you who went through Dr. Carlin/Dr.Genaw and Henry Ford. They are sending me a packet which I am hoping I get tomorrow. I know when I spoke to Henry Ford on the phone they said if I get the packet before I go to my new PCP on Tuesday to take it with me ... I have all my paperwork together as far as a letter to my insurance co.,(HAP HMO), past diet history, letter from my therapist and so on.. and I will need a referral from my new PCP, but does my PCP send in the paperwork to the insurance co. or does Dr. Carlin's office? I guess I don't know when I go in on tuesday if I am just asking for a referral letter to add to my paperwork, or if I am going to be leaving my paperwork for my Dr. to submit? Do any of you know? I was going to call and talk to Wanda tomorrow, but I think it was Annette who mentioned she doesn't work on Mondays. (BTW- it's so fun seeing how great you are feeling Annette!!!! Praise God!) Thanks everyone! Kim
RhondaShoemaker
on 1/1/06 9:54 pm - Shelby Township, MI
The PCP sends the referral to HAP. Just make sure that you keep copies of ALL DOCUMENTATION that you give to your PCP to support your need for surgery. If you are denied, you will need this!
Theresa W.
on 1/1/06 10:57 pm - Northern Lower, MI
I got the referral letter from my dr. and sent it with my stuff, but I had surgery two years ago, so things may have changed. I know Wanda is off today, cuz I tried to email her and got an automated message back saying she was out of the office til Jan 3rd. Try to call in the morning...you'll get an answer. Good luck! Theresa
Annette L.
on 1/2/06 1:44 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Well hello again Kim, My Dr. sent a letter of necessity to my insurance co. and gave me a referral to C.O.R.I. after 4 months they told me they didn't accept my insurance. My insurance co. then sent me to Henry Ford (I'm so glad they did that). Bottom line you get the referral for Henry Ford bariatric unit, the Insurance co. gets a letter of necessity. You get, and keep copies of everything, it doesn't matter if it came from your Dr., your insurance co., or from yourself. Make copies, they may prove to be quite valuable later! Give everything you have to Wanda (keep copies for yourself). She will work hard to get you approved. That's her job and she's good at what she does. She will be in tomorrow morning. Give her a call, she is more than willing to help. God bless you, Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics