Psyche eval-when?

kimberwhit66
on 1/1/06 11:37 pm - Davison, MI
I know that HAP requres you to pass a psyche eval as other insurance companies..but when do I set this up? Does insurance cover it? I don't know if it's something set up through Henry Ford or if I need to do this on my own....before I submit paperwork? Sorry so many questions!
Cheryl Barrett
on 1/2/06 12:03 am - Redford, MI
Kim, Not sure how your end of the deal will go, but I had to have permission from HAP to go to Psych for evaluation. When you go to your PCP talk with him/her and find out how to deal with situation. I do know that you can call the bariatric clinic at main campus and they will send you out a packet explaining what they require. You have to have a referal (sp) from your pcp to see the doctors in the bariatric clinic. Just a warning, HAP is known for refusing the surgery, be prepared to fight for this. Heck, maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. Make sure you get your packet first, then have your doctor do referal according instructions in packet. That would be my suggestion. Also, I understand that Henry Ford Bariatric clinic has a psych on their staff. You might want to have your evaluation with this psych instead of the ones HAP want. They also have support meetings twice a month. Check into those. Hugs, Cheryl
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 2:50 am - Roseville, MI
Cheryl What doctors office are you trying to go through for the surgery? I had trouble with a Beaumont Dr prior to going to Cori, and when I went to Cori they took care of everything and got it approved right away. Of course I have BCBS PPO. Maybe it is something you can look into or call someone at Cori to find out. Maybe you can message KP to see if his wife can find anything out about Cori and HAP for you too. Just a suggestion. Suzanne 300/161/150
Annette L.
on 1/2/06 1:16 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Kim, My insurance wanted me to go to their psych. for the evaluation, but my medical case worker warned me that their psych. was known fior holding up people's surgeries. I had waited lomg enough for this, so my daughter told me to make an appointment with the psych. at Henry Ford, and she would pay for it, since she (the psych,) didn't take my insurance. I had my psych. eval. with Dr. Eshelman from Henry Ford. It went quite well. Best wishes. God bless you, Annette
Sheryl
on 1/2/06 3:37 am - Kalamazoo Area, MI
Kim, those that know me personally wouldn't exactly describe me as someone who sits around and waits for red tape. I don't have HAP, but here is what I did. I called my insurance and found that I didn't have to have a referal under my insurance program to see a psych. So I found one, booked the appt. and that was it. I took my completed psych report with me to the surgeon. That said, my surgeon has a inhouse psych that they typically use. They did accept mine however. So, find out if HAP needs to refer you. Find out if it matters to your surgeon who you use (do they have an inhouse psych)...... then go from there. Sheryl In the Zoo
Most Active
Recent Topics