So Mad I Could SPIT

Full of Life
on 1/2/06 10:39 pm - Broken Arrow, OK
Oh man I'm so sick of the CORI run around. I try very hard NOT to speak out against that place but this is just freakin' stupid!!!!!! I was admitted to Lapeer hospital on 12-13, took IV, potassium, and did a ton of tests. Was discharged there on 12-20 with a "we don't know what to do for you" and told to find a way to get into a better hospital. On 12-21 I went to Harper ER, spent 9 hours there before being admitted. There I was told that I was dehydrated, needed surgery ASAP when Dr. Wood comes back after the first of the year. I've lost 10 pounds since December 13th. Which is all lean muscle mass loss since I CANT EAT!! That scares the heck out of me! I call CORI yesterday and get the answering machine saying they'll be open on the 2nd but they weren't. I call CORI today and they tell me that there is no doctor in the office today and the soonest I can see Dr. Wood is on Friday. I explain to the nurse what's been going on and that I'm not getting in nurtishment or fluids. She asked how much I had yesterday and I told her. She said she'd talk to her supervisor and call me back. She called back to say that there is no way to see Dr. Wood until Friday and that I NEED to go to my local ER and get some IV fluids in me. She said that I'm probably at a dangerous level and I can't keep going without "something". NO FREAKIN' KIDDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am NOT going back to Lapeer hospital for ANYTHING!!! They've already said they can't help me and I was on IV's for SEVEN days there and still dehydrated! They WONT transfer to Harper at all. I could go to Harper but still won't see Dr. Wood (or so the nurse said). What the heck is wrong with this company????? How can they NOT have a plan in place for people who have problems?? I've been literally counting the minutes until today to get some help and get better. Now, the day is here and I get NOTHING!!! I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND CORI TO ANYBODY!!!!!! (I'm sure I'll get flamed big time for this statement but it is definately 100% true) A great surgeon is what you want, but without a great aftercare program and an emergency plan it's worthless!! (unless of course you never have any problems or complications) Laurie
Jeanne B.
on 1/2/06 11:09 pm - Warren, MI
Laurie, Send me your e-mail address, so I can answer you [email protected] . Jeanne
Full of Life
on 1/2/06 11:15 pm - Broken Arrow, OK
Done!
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 11:47 pm - Midland, MI
Dr. Webber and Dr. Laker's Clinical Coordinator... Zira Vassallo (Pronounced ZITA) 313-966-7491 direct line Not sure if ANYTHING can be done, but I want to arm you with that information. Hell at this point I'd call see if he can help then if he can I'd call CORI and DEMAND they refer you to him imediately or see you TODAY! You are obviously a STRONG woman Laurie.. Start biting back.. we all know how LOUD the almighty dollar speaks.. threaten to take it away and people tend to JUMP. I've not delt with CORI so I can't say anything about them... CALL ME AT HOME IF YOU NEED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 8 9 EIGHT THREE SEVEN 9 7 7 4 Erin
shannon d
on 1/3/06 9:05 am - MI
HOLY CRAP ERIN!!! Did'nt even recognize you!! You look amazing!!! Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/06 12:23 pm - Midland, MI
*hijack* NO CRAP who is that girl inpersonating ERIN!!!!!
Tricia J
on 1/3/06 12:08 am - northern, MI
Yes Laurie I know how you feel. I went throught the same issues with my old surgeons office with my complications. I finally found a new surgeon who wants to take care of me and help me. It sounds like you need to start looking for a new surgeon who want to help you with your complications. It also sounds like you need to contact a lawyer to see what your rights are because you are being blown off because his office can contact him that is what pagers are for or partners are for to cover his patients when they are out of the office. I agree with you that you want a great surgeon but it is the office and aftercare program that makes them look bad. I have the same feelings toward my old office also and I would not recommend them to other people too. Good luck and I will be think about you. Tricia
Cheleya
on 1/3/06 12:35 am - Somewhere, MI
Laurie, Wow, you are upset...and no wonder you are down to nearly a size 4...you cannot eat. Granted, I am a "lowly" PREOP. However... Just wondering if you have a good relationship with the person who was hour PCC? Mine has been immensely helpful and whenever I need something in my favor she has been there. I was given confusing advice in the past two weeks regarding medication I'm taking. I have been in constant contact with my PCC about it and she called me on New Years Day and told me that she contacted Dr. Wood on vacation and got the word straight from him, what to do. She said it had been bugging her. I appreciated that greatly! Anyway, that's just an idea. I am sorry that Lapeer Regional is the hospital you must use for insurance purposes (I'd be seriously crying if that were the case with me!). However, if you are dehydrated and your health is gravely at risk, you'd better high tail it down there and get a few bags of fluid and vitamins in you....for your OWN health and benefit. They CAN help you with an IV, at least (though I wouldn't trust them with much more than that ) I'm sorry you have to wait for the surgery....I have been told that Dr. Wood is out of town and won't be back in the office until Thurs or Friday of this week. Call him and speak with him then but until you can, you NEED fluids and electrolytes. I guess for you that means Lapeer Regional. Chele
Full of Life
on 1/3/06 1:30 am - Broken Arrow, OK
You're not "lowly" at all!!! I've had three PCC's at CORI (they were switching things around when I was preop) The one's I had are no longer there. But I was already told that once you have surgery you're file is no longer on the "preop" side of things so they don't have anything to do with your case. It's all up to the nurses after you have surgery. I will NOT go to Lapeer Hospital no matter what!! I'm not paying $100 copay to go to a place that does NOT even know how to hydrate a person. I was there seven days last time and still dehydrated. When I got down to Harper, they ran the IV at full blast for the first day and that did the trick!! I've racked up so much money in hospital bills last month, I just can't go to Harper and pay $100 copay plus 10% for three days while I "wait" for my surgeon. I think I'm stuck just staying home until Friday when I see Dr. Wood. Laurie
Cheleya
on 1/3/06 2:17 am - Somewhere, MI
I've racked up so much money in hospital bills last month, I just can't go to Harper and pay $100 copay plus 10% for three days while I "wait" for my surgeon. I think I'm stuck just staying home until Friday when I see Dr. Wood. ********************************* But...if you truly cannot get anything down (no fluids) then going to Lapeer is better than the alternative (no fluids til Friday just because you are waiting for Dr. Wood?). I know all about hospital bills after living there for three months last year, trust me, but if it's a matter of life or death (is it?)...then what sense would it make to wait? Go to Hurley's ER and be seen, or go to Harper and see a different doctor! Chele
Most Active
Recent Topics