Post-Op's-Exercise and Thirst

kimberwhit66
on 1/5/06 1:39 am - Davison, MI
Okay, well I obviously couldn't come up with anything exciting to ask question about.. but I did come up with this one... Right now, pre-surgery, I can excercise (HA!) and drink a gallon of water while I'm sweating and working out.. what do you do about your thirst post op while exercising? It seems like you would get just as thirsty, but you can't, obviously "chug" a bottled water.. do you just sip sip sip sip??? I have to go next week for my EKG and my PCP will submit my paperwork to HAP (Henry Ford said that with HAP you need a referral to breathe... yeah, sounds promising). I just ask all of you who pray to please keep me in your prayers as I would love everything to go smoothly. Think Positive...
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 1:56 am - Oak park, MI
I am sure mine will not be the popular answer, but I am prepared to take the heat. I chew gum. I know they tell you not too, but most grown ups do not swallow their gum. I have not swallowed gum since I was kid. I swear by this method. I drink before and after my work out. I do this while doing my cardio. I do not do it when I do Pilates or Yoga. Terri
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 1:58 am - Oak park, MI
I have to add this. Although, you wil not be sipping forever. I can chug with the best of em.
Annette L.
on 1/5/06 2:25 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hey Kim, How are you? Untill you can chug, keep sipping throughout your workout, at least that's what I do. You will figure it out. God bless you, Annette
renee48030
on 1/5/06 2:40 am - Hazel Park, MI
Kim, I'm with Terri... I chew gum... before surgery I rarely chewed gum now I'm hooked. Renee
dasloaf
on 1/6/06 12:45 pm - brighton, MI
just keep sipping. after a while the thrist goes away and you won't have to drink while exercising.
Most Active
Recent Topics