weight loss

bjm
on 1/5/06 8:56 am - riverdale, MI
I had surgery 12-06-05 I have only lost 13 pounds so far. anyone else with small weight lost. went to meeting and everyone was saying they had anywhere from 30 to 50 pounds lost. I am not eating that much. Barb
Buttonsmom
on 1/5/06 10:14 am - Brighton, MI
Sometimes things slow down, and then you have a big loss. Are you getting in all your protein...or at least close to it? If not, you won't lose. Have you called your doctor to check with him? Tracey
Annette L.
on 1/5/06 11:21 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Barb, You need to be taking in 60 to 80 gram's of protein and 700 to 900 calories per day to lose the weight. After 3 months the calorie count goes up again. Are you keeping a food journal? You should try to. It will let you know how much of what you're getting in. Best wishes. God bless you, Annette
cs S.
on 1/6/06 1:45 am - st louis, MI
Barb, Are you walking and getting your water in,this really help.Also maybe you are not eating enough this could be the problem,i know it sound odd,but you will lose.remember to walk and sip sip sip tha****er.Keep us posted and take care. hugs Cs
bjm
on 1/6/06 10:54 am - riverdale, MI
I called the dr office. was told that I could be retaining water. so going back to doing just the protein shakes for a few days. been eating dele meats and tuna both have a lot of salt in it. chicken and eggs just don't like me any more. not sure what else to try eat. Barbara
jani204
on 1/6/06 9:39 pm - Muskegon, MI
Yes Barb, I had open rny August 22 and have only lost 51 lbs as yet. I'm so pissed. I was laid up with a broken leg for a while so my excersise was limited. Now tho, I don't know what the deal is. I hear of soooo many people that have lost 80-100 lbs. by now. I'm charting and staying on my diet plan. I made an appointment with the dietician. Hope this helps. I'll keep you posted. Hope your weight loss improves. Talk to the people at your surgical group, Dr's and dietician, maybe they can be of some help. Hugs, Jan C.
Most Active
Recent Topics