Any Dr. VanderKolk or Dr. Sholten patients out there?

arcadiaden
on 1/6/06 6:14 am - Allegan, MI
I am having a revision Feb. 8th and Dr. VanderKolk is my surgeon. Dr. Sholten is in practice with him and has even more experience. He will be assisting with my surgery. I have heard they are both excellent bariatric surgeons. Just wondering if anyone out there has had them for surgeons?
Tricia J
on 1/6/06 11:19 am - northern, MI
Dr Vanderkolk and Scholtens have taken over my case also. They are lifesavers in my book. I had major complications from this surgery and they want to find the problem and fix it and they listen to there patients. You picked the right surgeons to do your revision because they are on top of everything and know how to treat complications when they arise. Tricia
donnami
on 1/6/06 8:48 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
I had Dr. Vanderkolk and my sister had Dr. Scholten...we were both very pleased with doctor and hospital. Their office staff tries but sometimes are not very prompt or helpful...but that was almost 2 years ago -things may be different. Good luck donna
lmray
on 1/7/06 4:09 am - Grand Ledge, Mi
Hi Sue., I had Dr. Scholten do my surgery over 4 years ago. Both Dr. Scholten and Vanderkolk are excellent surgeons. They do many revisions. Dr. Scholten has been doing bariatric surgery for 8 years and Dr. Vanderkolk has been working in his office and doing surgeries for 3 years. Don't worry, you are in good hands with these two doctors. I don't know what part of the state you are in, but Dr. Vanderkolk will be at the Grand Ledge support group meeting at the end of this month. Then at the Lansing (Bath) support group the first part of February. If you live anywhere in the area and interested in attending let me know and I can give you the specifics. Good Luck.....Linda
blueeyedkate04
on 1/8/06 10:09 pm - Gaylord, MI
Hi Sue, Dr. Scholten did my surgery, and I was very happy with every step of my journey!! He has trained many of the other surgeons in the state to do the RNY, so he certainly knows his stuff! He is very straightforward with people, and I like that in a person. He'll do his part, and will make it perfectly clear what he expects from you...and how you should accompli****! My best advice is to follow their program...regardless of how different other peoples' programs are (and they are different). You'll get the results you want! Good luck! Kathy
mmercier
on 1/10/06 10:12 am - Waterfor, MI
Hi Sue, Dr. Scholten did my original procedure 6 years ago. I recently had a revision by another doctor (I relocated). The surgeon who just did my revision speaks very highly of Dr. Scholten. He said if he ever had the procedure himself, Dr. Scholten would be the one he would trust to do it. In my book, that says it all!
Most Active
Recent Topics