Got My Extension

Cheryl Barrett
on 1/6/06 9:28 am - Redford, MI
Well, after taking alot of deep breaths this morning, I called the State Insurance Commission and explained what HAP had done they explained that I have 60 days from date of postage. I will have to send the fed ex thing in with my appeal to them and tell them who I talked with and every thing should be okay. Thank the Lord. So I now have 60 days to get everything I need which will work out just fine. I feel alot better. I don't mean to panic like that but they put you through so many hoops that you just automatically go into melt down with each new prank. Any ways thanks so much for your concern and advice. Hugs, Cheryl
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 9:29 am - Roseville, MI
Cheryl I am so glad this came through for you. Now hopefully everything will work out and the state will see where HAP went wrong in turning you down. Good Luck on this part of your journey. It sounds like God was listening to your prayers last night. Suzanne
Cheryl Barrett
on 1/6/06 9:48 am - Redford, MI
Suzanne, Yes, I do believe that he heard my prayers. Maybe this time will be the one to work. Thanks for posting. Cheryl
Annette L.
on 1/6/06 10:32 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Cheryl, So did you let out a big breath after talking with them? God does hear the prayers of his people. Make sure you get a copy of the envelope with the postdate on it. Just in case it happens to get lost in the mail. The insurance companies may win the battle, but you will win the fight! Ready for another round? Hang in there. We are here for you Cheryl. God bless you, Annette
Tricia J
on 1/6/06 11:27 am - northern, MI
Cheryl I am glad that you recieved your extension and good luck on your appeal. I heard that the state insurance commision 95 percent of the time over rule the insurance company denial and favor the patient to have there surgery who has all the correct documentation. Keep fighting because this surgery is worth it 100 percent. Tricia
Sheryl
on 1/6/06 1:11 pm - Kalamazoo Area, MI
I'm so happy for you Cheryl! Now GO GET EM!!!!!!! Sheryl In the Zoo
brendayaya1
on 1/7/06 12:02 am - Gwinn, MI
While I didn't have to go through all of this, I can understand the panic. I hope that everything goes smoothly from here on out. Brenda
RhondaShoemaker
on 1/7/06 12:12 am - Shelby Township, MI
First of all, great news that you were able to get an extension!! Gather your thoughts and documents, make copies, and especially of your final denial letter and the envelope it came it. I believe that you should make a notation to the independent review organization that HAP failed to give you notification of your rights in a timely manner - that you received the letter just five days before your time limit was up! I'm sure this caused you much stress! Keep your chin up!!
Most Active
Recent Topics